Need advice on how to study online? Discover study techniques and skills for learning online as part of your university studies.
Improve your online study skills and get academic online learning tips
Learning online is very different from learning in an on-campus classroom and often involves independent study.
On this course, you will explore and learn about various different approaches to online learning.
You’ll develop practical skills that will enable you to become an effective online learner at a university level.
You’ll discover methods for collaborating and communicating online effectively and learn the best practice for conducting online research.
By the end of the course, you’ll have mastered the independent study skills and tools for online learning that work for you.
What topics will you cover?
- Study skills and independent study techniques.
- Communicating online in a learning environment.
- Collaborating effectively with others when learning online.
- Using online research in your University study.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Develop effective online learning strategies that work for you.
- Produce useful and reflective notes to support your study.
- Contribute meaningfully to online learning discussions.
- Develop the skills to lead productive collaborative work online.
- Explore tools and approaches to find, evaluate and use online information to inform and develop your own opinion.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for undergraduate and postgraduate university students who need advice and tips on how to take their university studies online.
Please note this course will run without facilitation.
Who will you learn with?
Dean of Digital Education and Professor of Educational Technology at the University of Leeds. For more information see: https://essl.leeds.ac.uk/education/staff/156/professor-neil-morris
Who developed the course?
University of Leeds
As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.