Reasons to study this Postgraduate Degree
- It offers new theoretical perspectives grounded in educational research on learning additional languages.
- It provides knowledge and reflection on the use of innovative methodologies designed to facilitate instruction in English.
- It focuses on the main methodological approaches to multilingualism and the acquisition of L2.
The teaching staff of this postgraduate degree is formed by university researchers, experts in the latest methodological innovations and teachers that come from actual schools.
The Postgraduate Degree in Teaching English as a Foreign Language involves:
- Understanding the main methodological approaches to multilingualism and additional language acquisition.
- Learning about the cognitive and meta-cognitive processes that affect additional language FL acquisition.
- Gaining insight into and exploring the methodological approaches to integrating foreign languages and content (CLIL).
- To increase knowledge in phonetics paying attention in different accents and how to work pronunciation in class.
- Developing the cross-cultural competencies required of teachers of English as a foreign language.
- Learning about and integrating culture into foreign-language teaching.
- Designing teaching materials that promote foreign-language acquisition from a communicative, inter-disciplinary standpoint.
- Comprehending the processes involved in developing reading comprehension skills in multilingual settings.
- Improving the strategies for developing and enhancing teachers' English-language proficiency.
- Students with a degree in Pre-Primary and Primary Education.
- Students with an undergraduate or bachelor's degree in Humanities.
- Students with an undergraduate or bachelor's degree linked to pre-primary, primary, secondary or upper secondary education.
- Professionals from non-regulated education that involves teaching English as a foreign language.
Program and subjects
|Subjects in course||Type||Term||ECTS|
|Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)||OB||Anual||3,50|
|Development of Intercultural Competences||OB||Anual||3,50|
|Multilingualism and FL Acquisition. Theoretical Approaches||OB||Anual||3,50|
|Pronunciation and Awareness of Different English Accents||OB||Anual||3,50|
|Reading As a Source of Language Learning||OB||Anual||3,50|
|Strategic Factors in Language Learning||OB||Anual||4,00|
|Teaching English As a Foreign Language||OB||Anual||3,50|
- ECTS: European Credit Transfer System
- Term: calendar term
About the School
The Universitat Internacional de Catalunya (UIC Barcelona), offers you a highly personalized university education with a strong vocational element. Since 1997 we have been teaching people based on aca ... Read More