The Post-Master’s Certificate in Library and Information Science program at the San José State University School of Information focuses on technology and emerging trends in the information profession. It is designed for information professionals who want to update their professional knowledge and expand their skill sets. If you already hold a master’s degree in any discipline, you are eligible to enroll in the Post-Master’s Certificate program.
Convenient 100% Online Learning
With this convenient and fully online program, you can live anywhere while you earn your certificate. Since most course work is delivered asynchronously, you don’t have to rearrange your work schedule in order to attend live sessions. The Post-Master’s Certificate program is delivered exclusively online via interactive online learning technology. The built-in flexibility of the online program is a huge bonus for many working students.
The Post-Master’s Certificate program features eight career pathways focused on diverse specializations, such as digital curation, emerging technologies, web programming, and more! Certificate program students choose one career pathway and then complete15 units from that career pathway, tailoring their in-depth learning experience to their career aspirations.
In addition, all students begin the program with a guided learning experience that introduces our school’s interactive online learning environment. After completing 16 units of required course work, certificate students demonstrate their mastery of the program’s learning outcomes.
New students can begin the Post-Master’s Certificate program in the fall or spring semester. Students who choose to take two courses per session (fall, spring, and summer) can complete the Post-Master’s Certificate program in as little as one year. Although, students have up to three years to earn their certificates.
Collaborative Learning Environment
Post-Master’s Certificate students participate in a collaborative learning environment with graduate students and faculty in our school’s nationally ranked Master of Library and Information Science program, which is fully accredited by the American Library Association. All of our students are online students, who live in the United States, Canada, and other countries, representing a diversity of perspectives that enrich each student’s learning journey.
5 Benefits of Our School’s Fully Online Delivery Model
- Course work and instruction are designed for online learning. Our instructors are experts in online teaching and only teach online courses.
- Technology is at the forefront of everything we do, with dedicated resources to support adoption of new technologies that advance our online learning environment.
- All our students are online students, who may live across town or on the other side of the globe, providing a diversity of perspectives that enrich their learning journey.
- All of our school’s resources are focused on supporting online students, including our career counseling, academic advising, and technology support team.
- Our faculty can focus all their time, energy, and creativity on meeting the needs of our online students. Our programs are only offered online.
Admissions Requirements — Post-Master’s Certificate
- A master’s degree from any regionally accredited institution in any discipline with an overall GPA of 3.0.
- A general understanding of computers and technology. See Technology Literacy Requirements.
- Access to a computer with Internet connection and appropriate software. See Home Computing Requirements.
- International applicants must have a TOEFL score of 600 (paper version), 250 (computer version), or 100 (Internet-based); or an IELTS score of 8.
Note: We do not require a GMAT or GRE test, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose, or a resume. Therefore, please do not include any of these in your application.
About the School
The San José State University School of Information prepares individuals for careers as information professionals. Graduates work in diverse areas of the information profession, such as user experienc ... Read More