In high performance sport, performance depends not only on the athlete's technical ability, but also on the enhancement of his physical qualities. This specialization course aims to train professionals with skills to plan and prescribe strength, speed, agility, coordination and endurance training in order to improve athletic performance in competitions, considering the conditions of the sport and the mechanical requirements of movement.
- Distinguished faculty with recognized experience in high performance teams;
- Program strongly oriented to practice, but based on scientific knowledge;
- Comprehensive themes within the scope of training methods and the periodization of physical qualities;
- Innovative format of great versatility (at a distance).
Equip the trainees of competencies that allow them to be integrated in multidisciplinary teams that enhance the physical performance of the athlete. At the end of the graduate program the student will be able to:
- Periodize, prescribe and implement training plans for hypertrophy, explosive strength and muscle power according to the athlete and the context;
- Periodize, prescribe and implement training plans for speed, agility and coordination according to the athlete and the context;
- Periodize, prescribe and implement resistance training plans in individual and collective sports;
- Identify and select the main methods of training strength, endurance, speed, agility and coordination according to the objective and sports context.
This training proposal is accessible to both Licensed and unlicensed.
The preferred target audience are:
- Physical trainers of individual and collective sports teams;
- Trainers and exercise professionals who want to specialize in optimizing physical performance in the context of high performance;
- Training physiologists working in multidisciplinary teams.
Module 1 - Strength Training
- Neural and Muscular Adaptations to Strength Training
- Biomechanics and Technical Models of Olympic Surveys
- Strength Training Methods: Hypertrophy
- Strength Training Methods: Explosive Strength and Muscle Power I
- Strength Training Methods: Explosive Strength and Muscle Power II
- Velocity Based Training
- Periodization of Strength Training I
- Periodization of Strength Training II
Module 2 - Speed, Agility and Coordination
- Physiological Determinants of Speed
- Coordination and Agility Training Methods
- Running Technique Optimization
- Speed Training Methods I
- Speed Training Methods II
Module 3 - Resistance
- Bioenergetics and Training intensity zones
- HIIT Training: Variants and Adaptations I
- HIIT Training: Variants and Adaptations II
- Small games as a form of resistance training
- Hypoxia Training Methods: Individual and collective sports
- Periodization of Resistance Training in Team Sports
- Periodization of Resistance Training in Individual Sports