The Ph.D. in Professional Coaching is designed to support and integrate the professional development of practitioners in executive and corporate coaching and to bring benefits to the organization in which they work. It aims to improve and enhance professional practice by providing practitioners with a range of research skills, tools, and strategies that can be used to support practice-based research. Therefore, prospective applicants include experienced professionals in coaching, HR, management who wants to make a contribution to both knowledge and practice.
This innovative program is offered by Noble Manhattan in collaboration with Canterbury University on a distance basis to take advantage of a wide network of international academics and partnerships.
Key themes within the program are approaches to research, expert practice, innovation in practice, application of psychological perspectives to various areas of review and research, review and implementation and education and learning.
- Individualized approach: The program will be adapted to the needs of professionally qualified candidates by concentrating on study, development, and research within a defined area of specialization.
- Service focus: It offers the opportunity to develop their understanding of the service in which they find themselves and allows them to research areas on which they have an impact.
- Psychological perspectives: The understanding is focused on taking a psychological perspective to understand one’s area and exploring how psychology can be applied in these settings.
- Support: The program provides a wide range of teaching, support and development opportunities. Each candidate will have a supervisory panel to support them through the course.
- Publication: Emphasis on research and write up for publication: The components of the Ph.D. portfolio are all geared towards getting the candidate's work published and disseminated.
- Flexibility: You don’t have to worry about fitting in everything in your schedule. The program is provided 100% online and the content is available on any device.
How Professional Coaching Helps
To be certain, professional coaching systems provide a bevy of benefits for businesses of all sizes. From helping to identify the leaders of tomorrow and growing them to improved quality of life and investment of employees, to provide a tangible reward to stockholders and partners, building a professional coaching culture for your business is a smart investment with immediate and long-term dividends. In general, successful coaching in the workplace should produce an improved quality of teamwork, stronger communication, increased job-satisfaction, a sense of ownership at all levels of the organization, and a more successful model for succession and career planning. With so much to gain and so much at stake, choosing the right partner to help you embark on a professional coaching focused model is crucial.
The program requires the completion of a range of pieces of work linked to the chosen theme but focusing on different facets of the area and demonstrating a range of acquired skills and capabilities. Each element of the portfolio is chosen to both advance understanding and develop new skills and be flexible enough to incorporate a broad range of topics. Each candidate will have an agreed learning plan detailing the theme of study and how each of the elements will contribute to understanding and practice development. The program of study covers a prescribed range of professional capabilities which fall into three broad areas. These are:
- Applied evidence-based professional and research practice
- Conceptual understanding of complex issues
- Practice-based research.
- Engage in reflective and reflexive activities to explore issues within the candidates’ professional field and/or place of work.
- Provide an innovative contribution to the existing knowledge base and practice within their own profession, through on-going pieces of work and the final Ph.D. Portfolio.
- Make an original contribution to practice knowledge that extends the forefront of the discipline and merits publication.
- Disseminate research outcomes clearly and effectively to specialist and non-specialist audiences to inform innovation and better ways of working within their professions, and foster research activity.
- Manage and apply recommendations, emerging from research/project findings to contribute to practice change.
- Develop the ability to challenge, in an innovative, substantive and creative manner, professional policies and practice existing within their respective areas.
- Fill in the form to get the Ph.D. Program Handbook.
- Submit a letter of application and a CV to email@example.com with the email title: Ph.D. Application_Name.
- Interview with Noble Manhattan Coaching Americas: after we review your CV and letter of application we will contact you to schedule an interview.
- Final interview with Canterbury University.
Program taught in: