3 TOP UNIVERSITIES = 1 EUROPEAN DOCTORATE All students will have in addition to ABMS Switzerland Doctorate a Joint Doctorate with University of Dąbrowa Górnicza (WSB) and Taras Shevchenko National University (KNU). ABMS is certified by EFMD EOCCS, the Swiss National Quality for Education (EduQua) and ASIC UK. WSB Is a European state-recognized university and KNU is a European public University founded 200 years ago and ranked among top 500 universities in the world. 3 Top European Universities = Best Virtual/Online Program = 1 Top European Doctorate SWITZERLAND + EU + TOP RANKED 500 Culinary training is an important field, which can provide you more information related with some of the techniques that can further enhance skills as well as knowledge. Ph.D. in Culinary Management is something, towards which majority of chefs of modern times look. In case you want to look beyond the scope of the kitchen for dealing with various food-related theories, the safety of food, sanitation, production of food on a mass scale, hospitality management etc. then it is qualification which can provide you some strong outcomes. There are some important points that are related to this qualification and below we will discuss some of them so that you can get a better understanding
- After taking this qualification you can take an important educational role and can become a professor of culinary arts. You will get more information in this field and can act as guides and support for the modern day students.
- After taking your Ph.D. in Culinary Management you can also get in a better position of dealing with challenges that are faced when you sit on an executive post.
- You can also get a competitive edge and more career-related opportunities will be opened.
You will have to study the below-mentioned topics in the study program
- Food preparation
- Safety and sanitation
- Menu Creation and planning
- Food Production
- Food Purchasing
- Employment Management
- Wine and beverage services
- Food Sciences
- Human Resource Management
- Quality control
- Cost control
This program is equivalent to EQF (European Qualifications Framework) Level 8 - Doctorate Level. This program is equivalent to 180 ECTS How long should be my thesis? Usually from 60.000 – 100.000 words, students are allowed to have 10% less or more. Do you mention on the Ph.D. online or distance? No. Can I use the title? We have asked the Swiss Authorities about the title, and their answer was (Students are allowed to use the title they got from the school) Is there a "Thesis Defence"? Yes, and we recommend students to do it in Switzerland however it can be done ONLINE too, you need camera and microphone. Study Language: this study program taught entirely in English. We have 4 intakes per year: January, April, July, and October Is ABMS Accredited by a recognized European accreditation body? Yes, ABMS is authorized, validated, certified, accredited and an institutional member of over 50 public / private organizations.
- Duration: 1-year study + thesis (thesis takes in average 2 years)
- Age: Minimum age 25 years
- Previous study: Master Degree or equivalent
- English level: IELTS or equivalent (Only for students from non-English speaking countries or students who did not study at English speaking school)
- Study Method: 100% Online / Distance
- Fee: 3460 Euro per Semester
Note: Study fee does not include application and reservation fee (to guarantee you a study place) of 240 Euro (onetime payment and non-refundable).
For the Ph.D., your thesis is the most important part, you have to write the whole thesis about the "Culinary Management" with one of our supervisors. The following modules you will study during the first year:
- Global Management
- Strategic Management and Leadership
- Project Management
- Strategic Information System Analyses
- Accounting and Finance
- Research Methods
- Electronic Research Methods
- Dynamic Websites