This programme is recognised by the Bishops of Scotland as a preliminary qualification in generalist Catholic religious education for those who wish to teach religious education in Catholic primary or secondary schools. It is an online distance learning programme and covers Aspects of theological education.
Why this programme
- The Certificate in Religious Education by Distance Learning (along with the necessary church approval) will allow you to teach in Catholic schools.
- It will provide you with the requisite understanding of the main tenets of Catholic Christian theology, the Catholic vision of education and the methodology appropriate to Catholic religious education.
- This programme is also recommended if you are a qualified teacher and want to re-visit your understanding of these issues as part of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- It can be completed concurrently with a BEd or PGDE programme and the MA Primary Education in Dumfries, (or subsequently on completion of any of these programmes).
- CREDL is the University of Glasgow route for qualified teachers or students studying an ITE programme at other universities.
CREDL is the University of Glasgow route for qualified teachers or students studying an ITE programme at other universities.
- Aspects of theological education 1
- Aspects of theological education 2.
For each course, you will produce a portfolio, a 1,500-word essay.
As a graduate, you would have all the necessary attributes and accreditation to progress into teaching roles within Catholic education.
You must hold a teaching qualification or be a student on a programme of initial teacher education.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 13, 2018