The MBA program at Brentwood University is designed for professionals of all experience levels, some of whom may be looking to advance in their career and others to change into the business field from other fields. More importantly, the MBA program at Brentwood University is a preparation for students who want to start and operate their own business. Upon completion of the core credit courses, students have the option to expand their education with a specialization by completing two additional specialization courses.
This program is offered fully Online.
Students who successfully complete the Master of Business Administration degree program will acquire the following competencies:
- Critical Thinking: solve managerial problems using critical thinking skills and quantitative analysis;
- Ethical Reasoning: evaluate the moral and ethical principles practiced in the organizational setting;
- Team Development: analyze the use of managerial and leadership skills to develop productive teams;
- Decision Making and Execution: research business information to support the decision-making process and execute decisions;
- Effective Communication: assess internal and external communication practices used in business; and
- Global Thinking: analyze business opportunities and challenges from a global perspective.
To be awarded the Master of Business Administration degree, all students must complete 36 program credits. The instruction is delivered in six 6-credit hour courses. A student should expect to take 12 months to complete the Master of Business Administration degree requirements, provided an uninterrupted and normal progression through the program.
Master of Business Administration Courses
The student is required to complete 6 out of 9 following courses for the completion of the Master of Business Administration program and the awarding of the MBA degree.
- BU 151101 Organization and Leadership (6 credits)
- BU 151102 Innovation and Technology Leadership (6 credits)
- BU 151103 Accounting and Finance (6 credits)
- BU 151104 Micro and Macro Economics (6 credits)
- BU 151105 Marketing and Entrepreneurship (6 credits)
- BU 151106 Business Strategy (6 credits)
- BU 151202 Managerial Accounting and Financial Management (6 credits)
- BU 151204 Human Resources Management (6 credits)
- BU 151206 Essentials Of Project Management (6 credits)
Required Learning Materials
Each course will have a designated textbook that students are responsible for obtaining on their own. The Learning Management System (LMS) supports the use of additional learning materials, including multimedia lecture presentations, discussion forums, and e-Library reading materials collection. Course materials are at the discretion of individual faculty members, but undergo review and approval by the Chief Academic Officer prior to being used in a live course.
Currently, students at Brentwood University are not required to complete any practical internships or externships. As our university is catering to a majority of adult learners, they will already be engaged in employment in business or other fields. Brentwood University does not offer university credits for life or work experiences.
Graduate Employment Opportunities
Graduates of the Brentwood University programs can obtain employment in the marketplace with any employer who is willing to hire them. Statistics show that students who obtain their master's degree can expect significantly higher lifetime earnings as compared to those with a bachelor or professional degrees only. Brentwood University does not offer job placement for graduating students, nor can it guarantee gainful employment to its graduates. Brentwood University can assist students with identifying reputable employment liaisons (agencies and headhunters) and can provide reference materials to help students with preparing their resumes or improving their interviewing skills
Graduation Policy – MBA Program
To receive a Master of Business Administration degree, a student must satisfy requirements related to semester credits, grade point average, program of study, and courses. Academic progress advisors (PA) are available to assist students with and to guide them through the process. Students who have met all requirements for graduation should submit an application for graduation to the Chief Academic Officer.
To obtain the Masters of Business Administration degree, a student must complete the following:
- Earn a minimum of 36-semester credits by taking the 6 core MBA courses.
- Maintain an institutional GPA of 2.0 (on a 4.0 system).
- Earn a minimum course grade of 2.0 (on a 4.0 system) for each course in the program.
The conferral date is the date on which the student’s degree is officially conferred. Upon completion of all required courses, submission of the graduation application, and resolving of any outstanding financial obligations, students who have met all academic and administrative requirements, will receive two official transcripts and their diploma.
Admission Requirements – MBA
Student must have earned a Bachelor Degree from an institution approved by the Bureau or previously approved by a predecessor agency of the Bureau; or an accredited institution in the United States or Canada; or other state-approved institution that documents that the institution at which the student earned his or her degree is equivalent to an institution that is approved by the Bureau; or an institution outside the United States or Canada and in addition provides a comprehensive evaluation of the degree performed by a foreign credential evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services(NACES), or in case the degree is awarded by an international institution, Brentwood University Administration may research and validate the degree.
- Students must have been awarded a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Students must pay all applicable fees, as per the current published fee schedule at the time of the signing or entering into an enrollment contract or make other arrangements acceptable to the school. No Ability to Benefit students is accepted.
- This institution does not award credit for satisfactory completion of CLEP or other comparable examinations. This institution may award credit for experiential learning.
- This institution has not entered into an articulation or transfer agreement with any other institution.
Instruction will be provided in no other language than English. For a student whose previous degrees was not completed in English, we will require a score of 500 on a paper-based TOEFL test or a score of 70 on the internet based test.
The TOEFL requirement does not apply to students who have received their high school diploma or the equivalent at an academic institution which has provided the instruction in the English language.
Similarly, the TOEFL requirement does not apply to students who have completed coursework, in English, at the college level OR who have completed the English test at this institution.
About the School
Brentwood University endeavors to provide current and effective graduate business education programs to qualified learners. Instruction is delivered via programs that are adaptable to student needs or ... Read More