It is essential for nurses to continue their professional development through further learning. This course is designed to help you gain new knowledge and skills to improve your nursing practice.
Through this PG Dip Nursing, you will explore various management aspects of healthcare as well as topics relevant to nurses in a range of positions at different organisations and in different countries. You can also tailor your studies to your interests or career ambitions through a selection of optional modules. Towards the end of your studies, you will also have the opportunity to advance onto our full Master's programme.
Methods of assessment
All assessments are delivered through our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). There is no requirement to go to external test centres. Instead, you will submit written assignments through the VLE; and for the few courses where exams are required, we use a virtual system which allows you to take academically rigorous exams from the comfort of your own home.
You are always aware of your current provisional grade which allows you to continually evaluate the success of your current study methods and identify areas to improve. We believe that this information helps you to make the most of your course. We achieve this by:
- assessing you throughout modules rather than waiting for the end of year exams
- showing your marks in your grade book which can be viewed whenever you log onto the VLE
- rapid turnaround on work assessed to ensure your grade book is always up to date
- ensuring you have regular contact with your Student Adviser
We also have a policy of ensuring that the work submitted by students is authentic – we use a well-established electronic monitoring system to check for plagiarism.
This course will help you to progress from wholly clinical roles to middle and senior management positions within nursing. Potential job titles may include Ward Manager, Charge Nurse, Nurse Manager, Senior Staff Nurse or Nursing Officer.
We’re a 100% online education provider, so we use a state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) to deliver our teaching, resources and assessments. Our system tracks and manages the learning process in real-time and provides you with immediate access to your learning materials. The VLE is accessible 24/7 and allows both students and tutors to actively take part in real-time conversations and view live lectures and seminars.
We offer two flexible entry routes onto our PG Dip Nursing, which consider your academic and work-based experience:
1. Academic entry route
In order to satisfy the academic entry route requirement, you must meet the following criteria as a minimum:
- an undergraduate degree or equivalent in a health or social care related subject from an approved institution
- working in clinical practice as a registered nurse or licensed to practice as a nurse with a nursing regulator or appropriate licensing board
2. Work experience entry route
To apply for the work experience entry route, you must meet the following criteria:
- at least three years’ post-qualification work experience as a registered nurse or licensed to practice as a nurse with a nursing regulator or appropriate licensing board, supported by appropriate references
English language requirement
If English is not your first language, you must have an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 or equivalent. If you don’t hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, you will be required to pass a free online English test to assess your proficiency.
Fees and funding
Full tuition fee – £7,482 (2020/2021) *
The tuition fee includes all teaching materials and required reading, and there aren’t any hidden charges for assessments or resits.
- Designated postgraduate student loan in England for full Masters degrees only.
- UK-based students may be able to access funding from external sources.
- Monthly payment plan available for those who are self-funding.
- 10% discount if you pay the full course fee upfront.
- A range of scholarships are available subject to applicants meeting certain criteria. **
Please note that you can only apply for a maximum of two discounts or scholarships.
* This tuition fee is net of any applicable sales tax payable by you in your country of residence. Where we are required to add sales tax at the local statutory rate, this will be added to the tuition fees shown and confirmed during the payment process.
** To find out whether you’re eligible for our scholarships contact University of Essex Online’s Admissions team.
About the School
Welcome to University of Essex Online. If you’re looking to improve your professional career our online distance learning degrees and postgraduate courses are some of the most cost-effective, convenie ... Read More