Education is being enhanced and changed by evidence-based findings, find out how to capitalise on these new opportunities.
Hold on to your seat as we launch into the exciting (r)evolution in Education!
We live in an exciting time of technology and neuroscience advancement. Education is being enhanced and changed by evidence-based findings from the new field of Educational Neuroscience (Brain Science) and, as educators, we need to capitalise on these new opportunities.
In this course, learners will gain contemporary insights into the brain that will inform their professional practice and underpin the development of optimal learning experiences. Underpinned by Dr Louis Cozolino’s research concerning the evolution of the social brain and ‘Nine things educators need to know about the brain’, this sample course explores compromised and optimal learning environments for 21st-century students.
This course is part of our Study with Australia collection, with free upgrades and digital certificates supported by the Australian Trade and Investment Commission until 31st July, 2020. Explore more courses from leading Australian education providers.
What topics will you cover?
- The brain’s evolution as a social organ.
- Social-emotional learning in the classroom.
- The mind-body link and its implications for learning and memory.
- Growth mindset as a neural process for maximising learning.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
- 16 November 2020
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Explore important understandings and concepts about the brain.
- Reflect on the significance of compromised learning environments on the social brain and the implication for learning and memory.
- Demonstrate knowledge of introductory educational neuroscience findings.
Who is the course for?
This course is for teachers, educators, pre-service teachers and those with an interest in the newly emerging field of educational neuroscience.
Who developed the course?
Central Queensland University
CQUniversity is Australia’s leading regional university.
Central Queensland University is offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- Tests to validate your learning
- A PDF certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.