BrainStation's Online User Experience Design Bootcamp is a hands-on, project-based learning experience, designed to transform skill sets and help students launch a new career in design.
To emphasize collaboration and outcomes-based skills development, the program provides a low student-teacher ratio, with a comprehensive curriculum that is updated in real-time.
Led by Educators with experience in the field, students will use design thinking, Sketch, InVision, and more to develop a deep understanding of UX design principles, including information architecture, prototyping, and usability testing, user interface design, responsive design, app design, and more. This knowledge is then applied to complete two design sprints, three real-world projects (focusing on separate components of UX design), and a final portfolio piece.
By the end of the bootcamp, graduates will have the skills, experience, and portfolio required to start a career in UX.
What You'll Learn
User Experience Design Fundamentals
- Participate in a class-wide design sprint where you will gain hands-on experience with Sprint Methodology. You will identify the problem space, develop solutions, and create wireframes and prototypes while using professional UX design tools including Sketch and InVision.
User Research and Strategy
- Plan and conduct user research to understand behavior, needs, and motivation. You will then learn how to translate your findings into relevant project requirements and product designs.
Design Research and Strategy
- Plan and conduct user research to understand behavior, needs, and motivation. Communicate complex interactions visually through experience maps, featuring personas that represent real users. Continue to build a core foundation in UX design research through Information Architecture and the creation of Task Flows. Translate your findings into product design using wireframing and prototyping.
User Interface Design
- Build upon your knowledge of usability design to master the nuances of typography, color, illustration, and images. Use industry tools including Sketch to design professional interfaces. Learn methods for designing and maintaining user interface pattern libraries.
- Apply industry-standard UX design principles to create both low and high fidelity applications and websites. Utilize grids and breakpoints in the design process to ensure your projects are responsive across various screen sizes, guaranteeing a seamless experience.
- Use high fidelity design mockups to provide realistic visualizations of your projects in a functional and visually appealing portfolio that demonstrates your end-to-end understanding of the design process. Finally, understand the latest industry trends and tools to market your skills in the UX Design job market.
Preparing You for a Career in UX Design
Your experience at BrainStation will prepare you for your new career, giving you the confidence, knowledge, and experience needed to succeed.
Our Hiring Partners
BrainStation has partnered with the most innovative organizations and industry leaders in the world to define digital skills training for the future of work. This network of partnerships connects graduates across North America with cutting-edge companies looking to hire top emerging talent.
Flexible Payment Options
BrainStation offers some of the most competitive payment options for digital learning, with a range of flexible plans and scholarship opportunities.
What Our Students Say
"I wanted to start in a new country with a new career path, but I knew I needed to take a course to help augment my skills. With the knowledge I've acquired, I feel ready to take on the world of UX and solve complex problems affecting humans around the globe."
Mosope Adebowale, User Experience Designer at KPMG
About the School
BrainStation is the global leader in digital skills training, empowering students and professionals to succeed in the digital age. Established in 2012, BrainStation has worked with over 500 instructor ... Read More