Today's world of communication is continuously expanding, and professionals from virtually every industry need the critical skills and knowledge base to manage a broad range of communication strategies within their organizations.
Whether you're currently in a leadership position or you're ready to advance your career, the fully online program Strategic Communication Management Specialized Studies will prepare you for success by increasing your knowledge of a variety of modern communication tools and channels and how to use them effectively.
Who Should Attend
Mid- to upper-level managers who currently (or aspire to) lead their companies
Young professionals who wish to advance to a management role
Occupational summary for managers.
- 446,942 Jobs (2018)
- 9.5% Projected Growth (2018-2028)
- $75k-$140k Annual Salary (25th-75th Percentile)
- Develop and articulate organization-wide communications strategies
- Learn to be a change agent
- Effectively execute communications strategies
- Enhance critical thinking about all aspects of communication
- Examine the role of stakeholders, storytelling, research, and digital strategy in communication
Specialized Studies Eligibility and Requirements
A specialized studies certificate is awarded upon successful completion of 5 required courses totaling 9 units. Students must earn a letter grade of “C” or better in each course in order to be eligible for the specialized studies. Upon completion of requirements, submit a Request for Specialized Studies with a non-refundable fee of $35. Students not pursuing a specialized studies award are welcome to take as many individual courses as they wish.
- Najla DeBow, System Manager of Talent Acquisition, St. Joseph Health System
- Lorna Larson, Sr. Director, Human Resources, Peregrine Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Sarah Neely, CEO, Orange Door Consulting
- Katherine Sauls, Director of Human Resources, Events and Travel, In-N-Out Burger
About the School
In the U.S. News & World Report annual college survey, UC Irvine is ranked among the top 50 universities nationally, and ranks tenth among all public universities.