The Online British Safety Council Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is the qualification for aspiring health and safety professionals. BSC is a globally recognised award body that is regulated by Ofqual. The Diploma qualification is recognised to level 6 by Ofqual under the UK National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
Accident and work-related ill health affect all types of workplaces and occupations. An estimated 35 million workdays are lost each year as a result of workplace accidents and ill health. Management of health and safety in the workplace is not only a legal obligation and a moral imperative, but it makes good business sense. The BSC Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety course is designed to provide you with the expertise required to undertake a promising career as a health and safety practitioner. It also provides a sound basis for progression to an MSc or more specialist study.
This course deliberately avoids the 'boot camp' approach to learning which results in a high failure rate with other providers. CMI delivers this course over one year part-time to provide an incremental approach to learning so that you are well prepared to successfully pass the UNIT 1, 2 & 3 exams/assignments.
Students completing the course will:
- Understand the need for managing health and safety
- Apply Health and safety knowledge to familiar and unfamiliar situations
- Understand requirements, role, structure (implementation and monitoring) of an effective health and safety policy
- Make appropriate use of practice and principles to produce solutions to health and safety issues
- Explain the internal and external influences on health and safety in a range of organisations
- Understand prevention and control exposure to hazardous substances
- Understand psycho-social agents & ergonomic factors
Examination and Assignment Details
The course is broken out into 3 separate units. Unit 1 is assessed by a 3-hour exam, Unit 2 is assessed by a 2.5-hour exam and assignment and Unit 3 is assessed by an assignment.
Applicants are required to have a previous qualification in the field of Health and Safety ideally ranked level 3 on the NFQ. Individuals with work experience in a health and safety or related sector will be considered. Individuals with no prior experience in Health and Safety are advised to study the BSC General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety prior to starting this course. If you are unclear about your suitability call CMI today.
- Award: Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Award Body: BSC - British Safety Council (UK)
- Level: 6 Ofqual
Distance Learning: Now - £2,100 including BSC Fees
The cost of the course is €2,750 for online learning. The course fee includes BSC exam and registration fees (approx 360 Stg). The fee is payable in advance of course commencement. Please note places are limited and online booking must be submitted by the deadline date.
- Start Date: February 2016
- Duration: 1 year part-time ; 3 x 10-week terms
- Finish date: February 2017
Applicants are expected to have one of the following:
- Level 3 OFQUAL (level 5 in Ireland) Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- An alternative appropriate qualification in a related sector
- 3-5 years experience in a health and safety role or related sector e.g. Quality/Environment
- For non-native speakers a level of literacy and numeracy to IELTS 5.0 or higher (or equivalent)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 13, 2018