In today’s modern economy, data is very easy to gather and store. However, it’s knowing what to do with it that presents an obstacle. According to IBM ‘The Four V's of Big Data’, one in three business leaders do not know how to transform their data into meaningful intelligence. The Online Master of Business Administration (MBA) with Data Analytics is designed to help you unlock that ability, without ever having to set foot on campus. Throughout the course, you’ll gain an understanding of the entire life cycle of big data: capturing, organising, analysing, drawing conclusions and taking strategic action to gain leverage or a competitive advantage.
Our Online MBA with Data Analytics is aimed at accomplished middle managers seeking more senior and strategic roles, helping to provide an edge over other business managers by offering contemporary data analytics expertise. Through the online modules, you will cover a breadth of management subjects, with exposure to lecturers and students from a host of industry sectors. You will also participate regularly in business simulations and case study projects, helping you understand the challenges of managing an organisation.
This course is also designed to help you to:
- understand the importance of data analytics in business today
- use big data to draw plans to drive businesses forward
- tackle contemporary issues, theories and conceptual frameworks used to guide management
- apply your experience in the context of complex organisational environments
- derive business value from data science and gain deep insight into statistical approaches to data analysis
Flexible and engaging online learning
Nottingham Trent University is committed to offering highly relevant courses, tailored to fit around your lifestyle and career. The Online Master of Business Administration (MBA) with Data Analytics course provides a flexible and engaging way to learn, with several different ways to interact with the curriculum, including:
- video lectures
- real-life case studies
- interactive assignments
- social interaction with a global student body
- digital tools and resources
- interactive academic support
The NTU Online Master of Business Administration (MBA) with Data Analytics is a modular course, completed over the course of two and a half years. It consists of 11 core MBA modules worth ten credits each, a project module worth 40 credits, plus four additional modules in Data Analytics (total 40 credits).
- Responsible Leadership
- The Values-Led Organisation
- Global Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Organisations and People Management
- Financial Management
- Business Information and Decision Making
- Strategic Change Management
- Global Business Simulation
- Business Research Project
- Professional and Leadership Development
Data Analytics modules:
- Statistical Approaches to Data Analysis
- Fundamentals of Big Data and its Infrastructure
- Practical Machine Learning Methods for Data Mining
- Deriving Business Value from Data Science
This course will provide you with an appreciation of big data and how it can be used to inform strategy and help fuel business success in your career, giving you with a highly coveted set of skills that will be extremely attractive to prospective employers.
Graduates from our data analytics courses have found employment as senior managers in a variety of national and international organisations, along with more specific roles as data analysts, data engineers, data scientists, data architects and business intelligence analysts.
Visit the Online Master of Business Administration (MBA) with Data Analytics page on the Nottingham Trent University website for more details!
About the School
Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is one the largest universities in the UK, having an excellent global reputation, strong alumni networks and impressive credentials for postgraduate employment.