Get the tools you need to create a better future with a biomedical engineering degree.
Students in our bioengineering degree programs will learn to integrate principles of engineering and biological systems to develop new technologies and devices that improve human health, fight disease, and aid persons with disabilities. Our biomedical engineering masters program is uniquely positioned to offer educational strengths in engineering, biology, and medicine.
Requirements specific to the bioengineering program include:
- A bachelor's degree, GPA of 3.0 or better, in engineering, biology, chemistry, physics, or another technical field from an accredited institution
- Completion of calculus I, II, and III, differential equations, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and heat transfer, as well as a basic course in biology
- Applicants who do not have an adequate background in engineering science will be required to take ENPM672, Fundamentals of Thermal Systems, in their first semester.
Completed applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Master of Engineering: 30 Credits or 10 Courses
Students in the Professional Master of Engineering in bioengineering program will take three core courses and seven elective courses. Students must obtain permission from their academic advisor for each elective course. There is no research or thesis required for this degree.
Tuition and Fees
Students in this program pay a special tuition rate, which does not differ between residents and non-residents of Maryland. This rate is not fully covered by graduate assistantships, fellowships or the tuition remission. Additional graduate student fees are charged. Tuition and fees are subject to change.
This program does not provide departmental assistantships or fellowships. Loans, work-study and need-based grants for citizens and permanent residents with demonstrated financial need may submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by appropriate FAFSA deadlines.
- $1,153.00 per credit hour
- $76.00 Technology Fee for part-time.
- $152.00 for full-time.
(Tuition x Credit Hours + Technology fee)
- One course - $1,153.00 x 3 = $3,459.00 + $76.00 = $3,535.00
- Two courses - $1,153.00 x 6 = $6,918.00 + $76.00 = $6,994.00
- Three courses - $1,153.00 x 9 = $10,377.00 + $152.00 = $10,529.00
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 6, 2018