*subject to validation
Apply now to be eligible for an early bird discount of up to £1,000.
Falmouth University’s flexible online MA in Graphic Design will help you establish your own graphic design practice against the backdrop of today’s creative industries and contemporary visual culture.
Developed by award-winning graphic design practitioners with a wealth of experience in various theoretical and teaching approaches to graphic design, the course encourages peer discussion and learning so that you can continually improve your work and explore new creative processes to deliver your graphic design projects to their full creative potential.
You’ll understand what it takes to create successful, award-winning graphic design studio work by exploring different design contexts and gaining business insights that can enhance your professional development.
At the end of the course, you’ll have the competencies to confidently take the next step in your career – whether you’re looking to build your skills in traditional areas of graphic design, or to be able to respond to new and emerging media, markets and audiences.
Thanks to its world-class reputation for graphic design excellence, Falmouth graduates have gone on to work for award-winning studios and agencies around the world. You could be one of them also.
- Award Title: MA Graphic Design
- Awarding Body: Falmouth University
- Level: 7
- Mode of study: online, part-time
- Duration: 2 years
Gain access to a wealth of different perspectives of, and approaches to, graphic design from a global online network of like-minded students and make your mark in the world with your graphic design work.
Critically examine your own graphic design practice in a global and cultural context.
Develop the skills you need to take the next step in your graphic design career or to establish your own graphic design studio.
Who is the course for?
Falmouth’s MA Graphic Design course is a perfect fit if you’d like to be able to:
- Critically analyse major developments in society, business and visual culture from a graphic design perspective.
- Define your creative voice within the graphic design industry and find your niche for your own graphic design practice.
- Constantly improve your design practice by understanding the key strategies and business approaches you need to successfully manage your practice.
- Share cross-cultural perspectives and insights into graphic design with a global community of like-minded students and graduates.
- Find new ways to tell stories through your graphic design work by exploring cross-channel communications and research findings.
- Take a clear next step in your graphic design career or in establishing your own practice.
What will the course cover?
The course consists of 4 modules of 30 credits each, as well as 1 project of 60 credits (180 credits in total). You’ll need to study and pass all course modules to successfully complete the course.
How you’ll be assessed
Your competencies in each module will be assessed through various assessment methods, including:
- Practical assignments
- Written assignments (such as a business plan for your own practice)
- Work-based assignments related to your practice
How you’ll study
You can decide how you want to study the course. You can either:
- Study completely online, or
- Study online and attend face-to-face networking events
You can attend up to 2 networking events each year. Dates and locations vary, but these events are usually held on weekends, so they don’t disrupt your work schedule.
How you’ll learn
You’ll learn in a variety of interactive ways throughout the course, including:
- Online tutorials
- Case studies
- Reflective journals
- Peer and personal reflection
- Practical projects
Paying for your course
When applying for the course, you might be eligible for one of these discounts:
- Early bird discount
- Falmouth Flexible Bursary
- Alumni discount (15% for Falmouth alumni)
- Refer a friend discount
For more information about discounts and other financial assistance for your studies, please call us on +44 (0)1223 447713.
Terms and conditions apply.
How to apply
- Submit your completed online application form
- Send us a copy of your degree certificate or Level 6 equivalent qualification, as well as your IELTS certificate if English isn’t your native language
- Submit a digital portfolio of your graphic design work. This can be work you’ve already had published or a personal project and can be submitted as a link to a website or blog.
About the School
Established in 1902, we’ve previously been the Falmouth School of Art, Falmouth College of Art and Design and the University College Falmouth.