You are not required to submit a TOEFL exam result in order to apply and be admitted into the University.
California Southern University’s School of Education offers a graduate program that leads to a Master in Education (M. Ed) with concentrations in Counseling in Education, Curriculum and Instructional Design and Organizational Leadership. This is not a teacher certification program and does not lead to initial teaching/administrative licenses.
In the M. Ed program, there are multiple learning opportunities for learners to become well-rounded in educational theory-to-practice strategies. The program integrates four main themes throughout all the coursework: educational theory, current research, educational practice, and service for the public good. In the program, learners will interpret educational theories, apply their understanding of current research, and utilize their skills to make informed decisions in complex and dynamic settings.
In this program the students will concentrate on:
Interpret educational theories and scholarship to inform best practices in education.
Employ appropriate oral and written communication skills in multiple educational settings.
Apply critical-thinking skills to interpret information to arrive at appropriate inferences and professional conclusions.
Utilize quantitative reasoning skills to analyze data and come to intelligent conclusions that support evidence-based decisions in diverse settings.
Develop and apply educational theory-to-practice strategies to investigate and resolve critical problems from diverse perspectives.
Demonstrate the ability to act as thought leaders that support sustainable practices in ethical and legal issues that adhere to professional standards.
Service toward the public good:
Apply the understanding of theories in education, educational research, and ethical reasoning to tasks that will demonstrate the capacity to serve as visionary scholar-practitioners.
Integrate personal and professional development to navigate the complexities within educational settings.
- EDU 86500 Foundations in Education - 3 Credits
- EDU 86505 Curriculum and Instruction - 3 Credits
- EDU 86510 Assessment and Evaluation - 3 Credits
- EDU 86515 Research in Education - 3 Credits
- EDU 86520 Education, Culture and Society - 3 Credits
- EDU 86525 Legal and Ethical Considerations in Education - 3 Credits
- CAP 89500 Capstone Project in Education - 3 Credits
- PSY 86502A Counseling Theories and Strategies - 3 Credits
- MFT 86513A Assessment Techniques in Therapy - 3 Credits
- PSY 86505A Lifespan Development - 3 Credits
- EDU 86517 Ethical and Legal Considerations in Counseling - 3 Credits
- EDU 86507 Academic and Career Advisement for Counselors - 3 Credits
- EDU 86503 Contemporary Issues in Educational Leadership - 3 Credits
- EDU 86508 Strategies for Effective Teaching and Learning - 3 Credits
- EDU 86514 Developing Quality Instructional Programs - 3 Credits
- EDU 86523 Meeting the Diverse Needs of Learners - 3 Credits
- EDU 86518 Design of Digital Assets for the Classroom - 3 Credits
- HRM 87505 Effective Training and e-Learning - 3 Credits
- MGT 86500 Business Organization and Management - 3 Credits
- MGT 86512 Managerial Accounting for Decision Making - 3 Credits
- EDU 86516 Information Systems for Education - 3 Credits
- HRM 87503 Labor Relations - 3 Credits
- PM 86900 Project Management Concepts and Essentials - 3 Credits
Getting started on your Master in Education is a quick and simple process. There are no entrance examinations and courses start monthly throughout the year; you can begin your program as soon as your schedule permits. Just complete these four steps:
- Complete your enrollment application.
- Submit your official academic transcripts of your undergraduate coursework.
- Pay your $75 application fee.
- Upon acceptance, sign your enrollment agreement.
Once the signed enrollment agreement is received, you’ll be contacted by your academic support team including your academic advisor and student success advisor. They will confirm the start date for your first course and walk you through a quick, but thorough orientation process that will give you all the information you need to get started. And they will be there for you every step of the way to ensure that you successfully complete your degree program.
About the School
California Southern University is a regionally accredited, online university offering degrees in psychology, business, criminal justice and nursing at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral ... Read More