An online course with optional face-to-face workshops.
Early bird discount up to £1,000.
In today’s world, mobile apps are ubiquitous, delivering solutions to modern life. As a medium for creative and artistic expression, they provide answers to everyday problems with clever design and user insights. App development offers a wealth of creative opportunity in an evolving arena that reacts rapidly to technological advances.
Designed with industry experts, Falmouth’s MA in Creative App Development responds to these shifts, and gives you the chance to expand your creative skills to capitalise on the opportunities available in this growing field.
Structured in accordance with workplace demands, there is an emphasis on live briefs and the application of practical skills. Modules are taught by specialists in creative computing, interactive and design practice; while online software tutorials will enable you to prepare projects and assemble your professional portfolio before you graduate.
Duration: 2 years
Mode of study: Flexible learning
Who is this course for?
Whether you already work in the software sector or are keen to break into the industry, this course prepares you for the rigorous demands of career in app development. Informed by critical thinking and research, we promote creative solutions to meet a range of platform and audience needs: an approach which works well in the delivery of high impact apps.
Typical applicants are likely to be:
• Working in computing and software development, with an urge to explore new possibilities
• Artists, designers and audio specialists interested in technology focused content creation
The course allows you to respond creatively to change. It was designed to support a broad spectrum of ambitions within the field of app development.
To graduate from the course you must complete four 30-credit modules and one 60-credit project (180 credits in total).
• App Development Synergies (30 credits)
• Co-creation Design and Development Project (30 credits)
• Individual Design and Development Project (30 credits)
• Live Brief Design and Development Project (30 credits)
• Major Project (60 credits)
Structured to support creative and professional practice:
• Coursework assessment (no examinations)
• Portfolios, live online presentations and projects
How you study
The modes of study available for this course are:
• Study online without attending any face-to-face workshops.
• Study online and attend optional biannual residential workshops, held in various locations, such as the UK, the Middle East or Asia.
A typical workshop begins on Friday and ends on Monday. Falmouth aims to provide details on any residential opportunities around four months in advance, to give students plenty of time to confirm their place and make arrangements. Although not compulsory, attendance is strongly encouraged.
Guided learning activities consist of:
• Key concepts introduced through concise online presentations
• Online critiques to test idea and assumptions, and to receive feedback from tutors and peers
• Class and small group discussions and critiques to facilitate dialogue and interaction
• Individual and group tutorials
• Peer feedback and self-evaluation
• Independent study
Financing your studies
As a student of Falmouth University you are eligible to apply for:
• Alumni discount (15% to Falmouth alumni)
• Falmouth Flexible Bursaries
• Early Bird Discount – up to £1,000 (as per application deadlines)
To speak to someone about bursaries and other financial assistance, call us on +44 (0)1223 447713.
How to apply
Our website, www.flexible.falmouth.ac.uk, has full application details.
To apply you are required to submit:
• A copy of your first degree certificate or Level 6 equivalent qualification, with your IELTS / TOEFL certificate, if English is not your first language.
• A statement describing your experience, motivations for studying the course, and how you hope it will enhance your career and aspirations.
Each application is considered on its own merit. Applicants may be invited for an online interview.
Late applications may be considered if there are still places available.
Please contact us for FREE advice on 0800 5999123 or +44 (0)1223 447713.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 16, 2018