Thank you for considering the Faculty of Education at UOIT for your graduate-level education. Our program allows you the flexibility to design your own learning experience, in order to achieve your specific goals.
We offer an exceptional, international, online experience in part- and full-time studies in the field of Education and Digital Technologies, leading to the following degrees:
- Master of Arts (MA) in Education; and
- Master of Education (MEd).
Choose your own learning path in one of our four specializations: Education and Digital Technologies, Leadership and Administration, Curriculum, or Adult Education.
Our graduate program is designed to prepare you to be future leaders, educators, and specialists in learning and technology. It is unique and innovative in its objectives and approaches to learning online. We offer high quality, engaging virtual classes designed to address the most current issues in digital technology and education.
With a high-speed Internet connection, a webcam, and a headset with a microphone, you will communicate and interact with students from around the world in state-of-the-art interactive, virtual classrooms. This is what we like to call face-to-face online learning. Welcome to the future of online learning.
- meet for 2 – 3 hours per week each
- are highly interactive and collaborative with group discussions
- employ leading edge technology and resources
- offer a diversity of perspectives that enhance learning in a unique way
- Hold a four-year honors undergraduate degree or equivalent credentials from a recognized institution
- Minimum overall academic standing of a B (GPA: 3.0 on a 4.3 scale or 73 to 76 percent)
- A minimum B average in the last two full-time years (four semesters) of undergraduate degree
In special circumstances, we may consider non-standard applications from students who do not meet the standard admission requirements, and who have at least four years of relevant professional experience.
Required test scores for English language proficiency:
- TOEFL Internet-based: 92-93
- Minimum sub-scores: Listening: 20; Reading: 20; Speaking: 19; and Writing: 20)
- IELTS*: 7 (Note: Scores from IELTS General Training format will not be accepted. )
- MELAB: 85
- CAEL: 70 (with no sub-score below 60)
- September (June 1stapplication deadline)
- January (Oct 15th application deadline)
- May (Mar 1st deadline)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 11, 2018