Online Master of Education (MEd) in Equestrian Education
Enter the new and growing equestrian education market by earning the online Master of Education in Equestrian Education degree from William Woods University. This program will help you gain the field pedagogy skills you need to make the transition from equestrian professional to equestrian educator. While earning this degree, you will improve your instructional techniques and learn to construct effective curriculum by applying instructional theories and strategies.
The online Master of Education in Equestrian Education builds on the signature strengths of William Woods University: excellence in educating educators, a nationally ranked online education program, and a nationally recognized equestrian program. In this program, you will receive quality online instruction through the latest educational technology and collaborate with your peers in an interactive and engaging learning environment.
- EDU 543 Teaching and Learning in the new Digital Landscape
- EDU 563 Applied Instructional Theories and Strategies Using Technology
- EDU 590 Appraisal of Student Learning
- EDU 547 Current Issues in Equestrian Education
- EDU 550 Curriculum Construction
- EDU 530 Improvement of Instruction
- EDU 562 Development of Resources for Equestrian Educational Events
- EDU 574 Equestrian Program Sustainability
- EDU 587 Equestrian Education Capstone Project
Your degree at work
Equestrian education is gaining momentum in the industry as employers seek academically credentialed equestrian professionals in the fields of extension service, breed and discipline, organizational leadership, undergraduate instruction, and others. A graduate degree prepares you for a position as a post-secondary teacher in this industry. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, these positions are expected to experience an average 17% increase in employment through the next decade. Equestrian education professionals are also being sought to fill positions as youth and outreach workers to improve the quality and effectiveness of programs for early exposure to the field.
- Completed application - Official transcripts showing degree conferred with 2.5 GPA - You must also have a curriculum vitae demonstrating proficiency in, and understanding of, equestrian experiences. This may include samples such as certifications, professional memberships, your accomplishments in the field, or a sample video.
Program taught in: