Online Master of Education (MEd) in Curriculum and Instruction
This degree prepares you to respond to the cultural, demographic, technological and other forces shaping education today by designing and developing curriculum for your classroom and assessing its effectiveness. You’ll learn about educational trends, assessment procedures, and how to use advanced learning theories and educative design to adjust curriculum in response to the current research. This program will prepare you for National Board Certification and may also prepare you to become a master teacher or a curriculum and instruction director within your district.
At William Woods, you’ll be participating in a graduate program known for its excellence and for providing a significant number of the leaders in Missouri’s state school system. As one of these students, you will have the opportunity to learn from active practitioners in the field and make the connections you need for leadership and career growth.
- EDU500 Current Issues in Education
- EDU556 Action Research I
- EDU580 Educational Technology (Online)
- EDU520 Research Design
- EDU510 Advanced Learning Theories
- EDU530 Improvement of Instruction
- EDU585 School Law
- EDU590 Appraisal of Student Learning
- EDU540 Literacy Instruction
- EDU550 Curriculum Construction
- EDU596 Action Research II
Your Master of Education (M.Ed.) degree at work
This program will prepare you for National Board Certification by using the National Board Professional Teaching Standards as the focal point of the curriculum. It will also prepare you to become a master teacher within your school district, and may also qualify you to become a curriculum and instruction director within your district. It does not meet Missouri requirements for building-level administrative certification.
- Completed application - Admissions Essay - Current resume or work experience summary - Official transcripts (2.5 GPA or higher) mailed from the college/university you graduated from
Program taught in: