International Leadership for the 4th Industrial Revolution
The world is innovating. Technology is changing the way we live and work. To succeed in this new paradigm, where machine learning and artificial intelligence are driving all industries' practices to a level never before imagined, a revitalized brand of leadership is essential. In a world of technological transformation, Thunderbird is developing nimble, ethical leaders who are equipped to build sustainable businesses, economies, cultures, and environments.
Lead and Manage in High-Growth Markets
More than ever, the world needs leaders. Sharpen your skills in Thunderbird’s Online Master of Applied Leadership & Management program (MALM), a unique online degree taught by Thunderbird’s world-class professors. The MALM is designed to explore leadership and management and delivers the highest quality graduate education in an affordable format.
Offered in a hybrid model that blends flexible online learning with optional in-person experiences, the MALM combines Thunderbird’s prestigious tradition of graduate education with cutting-edge technology to deliver a transformative graduate degree.
Join students from around the world in the MALM program and become part of the globally connected Thunderbird alumni network that opens doors and opportunities.
MALM curriculum is delivered 100% online, with the opportunity to add in-person experiences during field seminars abroad or during a capstone week at the end of the program. Degree duration is 12-24 months.
- Global Accounting: Managing with Numbers
- Financial Value Creation for Leaders
- Managing the Global & Regional Business Environment
- Strategy in a Competitive World
- Global Marketing Strategy & Management
- Leading Digital & Data Decision Making
- Communicating & Negotiating in a Dynamic World
- Applied Learning 1
- Applied Learning 2
- Global Leadership & Personal Development (Capstone)
Do You Have a T-Bird Mindset?
- Curious about cultures and languages.
- Intrigued by innovation & entrepreneurship.
- Driven to solve complex challenges.
- Passionate about leadership ethics.
- Committed to sustainable practices.
- Motivated by travel and exploring the world.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited university;
- Competitive TOEFL, IELTS or PTE score (if you did not graduate from an English-speaking university in a native English-speaking country);
- International experience and second-language proficiency preferred;
- Submission of an online application, including:
- Resume documenting the professional and academic history,
- Documentation of place of residence,
- Official transcripts from all previously attended undergraduate and graduate institutions.
- Spring (January start)
- December 20 Completed application deadline
- Summer (May start)
- January 15 First-round deadline
- March 15 Second-round deadline
- May 5 Completed application deadline
- Fall (August start)
- August 1 Completed application deadline
Tuitions & Fees
- Application fee (domestic): $70
- Application fee (international): $115
- Program cost: $30,300
Tuition subject to change.
Program taught in: