Earn your Master's in Governmental Accounting anytime, anywhere with online convenience
Ranked#14 in the nationaccording to the 2016 US News & World Report ranking for"Best Online Graduate Business Programs,"the Rutgers Business School Master's in Governmental Accounting is the first and only program of its kind available entirely online, exclusively at Rutgers.
- 100% Online– for your convenience
- No GMAT required– get started right away
- Great value for government employees– in-state tuition for New Jersey residents is now extended to all out-of-state residents enrolled in the program.
- 4-course onlinegraduatecertificate programalso available– credits can be applied toward master's degree
If you’re looking for a flexible, online accounting master’s program that fits into your busy life and will help you advance an accounting career in the public or nonprofit sector, then the Rutgers Business School Master’s in Governmental Accounting is for you.
Taught by industry leaders, our program is designed to prepare you in the rapidly expanding field of government financial management, accounting, and auditing.
At just 30 credits, you can complete this program part-time as you work, and even in as little as a year, while fulfilling the additional credits required to sit for the New Jersey CPA exam.
Our program requires the completion of 10 courses (30 credit hours) -- seven required courses and three elective courses. Up to six credits may be transferred into the program from another accredited university, with prior approval of the program director.
What our students are saying
"The program's online format allowed me to complete my courses at a pace that meshed well with my job and home responsibilities. The curriculum and interactions were extremely relevant to situations I encounter as a government auditor. The program has enhanced my focus on stewardship and transparency, and I continue to put what I learned in the program into practice."
- Dale Hernandez, 2016
Internal Auditor, Texas State Preservation Board
"I have spent more than a decade in the governmental accounting industry and I feel that this program was an exceptional learning experience that aided me in my advancement at a firm that specializes in governmental audits. This program's curriculum was challenging and educational all while learning from industry experts. I highly recommend this program to colleagues or anyone interested in a career in government finance."
-Michael Campo, CPA, 2016
Director, Plodzik & Sanderson, PA
Who can benefit from our online Master's in Governmental Accounting?
- Prospective CPAs requiring an additional 30 credits beyond an undergraduate degree to sit for the New Jersey CPA exam
- Practicing CPAs, as well as other accountants and auditors working in governmental and not-for-profit organizations
- MPA and accounting students who plan to take the nationally recognized Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) exam, administered and sponsored by the Association of Government Accountants
- MBA and MPA program students who wish to specialize in government financial management
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017