Earn your Master's in Governmental Accounting anytime, anywhere with online convenience.
Ranked #8 in the nation according to the 2018 US News & World Report ranking for "Best Online Graduate Business Programs in Accounting," the Rutgers Business School Master's in Governmental Accounting is the first and only program of its kind available entirely online, exclusively at Rutgers.
If you’re looking for a flexible, online accounting master’s program that fits into your busy life and will help you advance a career in the public or nonprofit sector, then the Rutgers Business School Master’s in Governmental Accounting is for you.
Taught by industry leaders, our program is designed to prepare you in the rapidly expanding field of government financial management, accounting, and auditing.
At just 30 credits, you can complete this program part-time as you work, and even in as little as a year, while fulfilling the additional credits required to sit for the New Jersey CPA exam.
- 100% online convenience.
- No GMAT required – get started right away.
- Great value for government employees – in-state tuition for New Jersey residents is now extended to all out-of-state residents enrolled in the program.
- 4-course online graduate certificate program available – credits can be applied toward a master's degree.
Career Management at Rutgers Business School is designed to prepare you to navigate the job market and meet your professional goals. You have access to a dedicated career team, with an experienced career counselor who is committed to helping you with the many stages of career prep.
Top business schools incorporate a career management course into their curriculum and RBS is no different. The Career Management Program (CMP) is a zero-credit course that is included in your tuition and fees for full-time graduate students. The CMP incorporates workshops, individual counseling, skill-building, networking, and more to develop students into ready candidates for the recruiting cycle.
You also have access to resources and tools to help you find job opportunities, sharpen your resume, and advance your skillset:
- Career Counselor – Career counselors are available to help you with everything from your interview skills, resume & cover letter reviews, and personalized career advice.
- Workshops and Events – Events and workshops are held virtually and in-person to provide you with the knowledge you need to grow and to put you in front of the right people.
- BusinessKnight – Career Management system specifically for RBS students with career development tools, video interviewing practice, recorded webinars, links to external resources & job postings.
- Rutgers Handshake – Newark & Rutgers Handshake- New Brunswick – Internal job portals for each campus for recruiters looking for Rutgers students.
- VMock – Online AI-based resume development, grading, and enhancing tool.
- Beyond B-School – Subscription-based online career portal for graduate-level students (free to students).
Who can benefit from our online Master in Governmental Accounting?
- Prospective CPAs requiring an additional 30 credits beyond an undergraduate degree to sit for the New Jersey CPA exam.
- Practicing CPAs, as well as other accountants and auditors working in governmental and not-for-profit organizations.
- MPA and accounting students who plan to take the nationally recognized Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM) exam, administered and sponsored by the Association of Government Accountants.
- MBA and MPA program students who wish to specialize in government financial management.
Become a globally recognized Chartered Public Finance Accountant
Students who complete the Master’s in Governmental Accounting program will have the opportunity to gain the Chartered Public Finance Accountant (CPFA) credential that will allow them to work in public finance positions around the world.
Certificate in Government Financial Management
Not ready to pursue a full graduate course of study yet?
Find out more about how you can earn a Graduate Certificate in Government Financial Management from Rutgers Business School with just four online classes.
Dual Degree with Master of Public Administration
The Master of Public Administration (MPA) / Master of Accountancy in Governmental Accounting (MAccy) is a dual degree program is designed for pre-career and in-career students to enable them to acquire professional competencies in public administration and governmental accounting within the context of public administration and public financial management.
About the School
A Rutgers business education prepares students for success – not just in their chosen fields but also in their lives. From our comprehensive undergraduate courses to our highly rated MBA program, a Ru ... Read More