The Online Master in Planning and Management Smart Cities trains professionals in the management of methods and instruments of analysis, planning and territorial management, by exploring tools offered by new technologies and the digital revolution, applying the principles of sustainable cities, inclusive and resilient.
You will develop skills for the analysis of urban space and its potential for transformation and development . You will learn to handle planning instruments and territorial management , applying the results of the analysis of the environment and the prospecting capacity to the proposal of strategic decision-making for territorial planning. Among other skills and competencies you will learn to:
- Interpret the social and territorial structures and dynamics.
- Write reports for territorial, sector, urban, strategic plans.
- Analyze and evaluate the needs and possibilities of transformation of a city .
- Assess social, environmental, political and economic conditions and consequences of territorial transformation processes .
- Carry out prospective studies that support and facilitate decision-making in urban planning.
- Design plans and actions for local development.
- Apply diverse methodologies and new technologies in decision-making processes .
- Obtain data through the management of information sources and spatial analysis tools, for the management of cities in the digital revolution .
- Understand the relevance of communication in the transformation and development processes of cities.
The Online Master in Planning and Management of Smart Cities takes place over a year and its study plan consists of ten compulsory subjects and a final application project in strategic city planning.
- Bases of urban planning - 5 ECTS
- Territorial development policies and strategies - 5 ECTS
- Smart cities: innovation strategies in urban management - 5 ECTS
- Inclusive cities: governance, networks and participation - 5 ECTS
- Sustainable cities: urban space as an ecosystem - 5 ECTS
- Resilient cities: risk management and adaptation to climate change - 5 ECTS
- Territorial analysis and prospecting methods - 5 ECTS
- Local management models - 5 ECTS
- Geographic Information Technologies for urban management - 5 ECTS
- Urban policies and the right to the city- 5 ECTS
- Final project - 10ECTS
- Total - 60 ECTS
Students who pass all the subjects proposed in the study plan will receive:
- Title of Bàtxelor d'especialització in Planning and Management of Smart Cities issued by the Ministeri d'Educació i Ensenyament Superior d'Andorra *.
- Translation into Spanish of the Bàtxelor certificate issued by the Carlemany University.
- European Diploma Supplement, bilingual (Catalan and Spanish), issued by the Ministeri d'Educació i Ensenyament Superior d'Andorra that certifies the subjects completed and grades obtained, as well as the ECTS corresponding to each one of them and to the degree in its set.
* Degree in approval process.
This is a university training program that requires meeting certain conditions to access university studies in the context of the countries of the European Union, as well as the equivalent level to said access, official and demonstrable, in other territories. Specifically, they will have access to the Báchelor program:
Nationals may access through any of the following ways:
- Bachelor degree obtained in Andorra.
- Foreign bachelor's or bachelor's degrees that have obtained access to higher education from the Government of Andorra.
People with international studies will be able to access master's studies through one of the following ways:
- Official bachelor degree.
- Official master's degree or doctoral program.
Who is it for?
The program is aimed at professionals from different areas of knowledge who have a first cycle of university studies, from the field of Geography or Geographical Engineering to other disciplines related to the study and knowledge of the territory and the processes that determine its uses and its transformation .
Due to its interdisciplinary nature, it is aimed at a wide range of professional profiles. The university degrees (Bachelor or Degree) that are considered more related are: on the one hand, training that focuses on the study of the physical or urban environment, of a more or less technical nature, such as Architecture , Environmental Sciences , Cadastral Engineering , Topography , Cartography and GIS . On the other hand, university formations in the field of social sciences close to human geography that have had an orientation towards the study of social and urban transformations, such as Economics, urban or environmental law, Sociology, Anthropology, are also considered related.
Likewise, it is suitable for those professionals from other fields who, in addition to having university studies in any other area, develop professionally in activities related to planning and territorial management , both at the level of public administrations and in the private sector. Thus, the Bachelor of Specialization may be of special interest to professionals who work in the field of sustainable development , and who require knowledge about the possibilities of transformation of cities based on planning and territorial management criteria, as well as the introduction of new technologies in these processes (local development agents, land planners and managers, urban planners, member of interdisciplinary teams that develop sustainable urban development projects).
The Online Master in Planning and Management of Smart Cities is an interdisciplinary program that covers various professional opportunities related to the analysis, planning and management of cities, both in the public and private sectors , as well as in educational institutions. and research . More specifically, students who obtain this qualification will be able to occupy jobs related to:
- Development of technical tasks of planning and management, in public administration, in departments that implement urban policies and territorial development.
- Development of technical planning and management tasks in specific territorial management bodies.
- Professional activity in consulting related to urban planning and management.
- Development of tasks related to territorial analysis and diagnosis.
- Professional activity in local business initiatives for sustainable tourism.
- Professional activity in local business initiatives for sustainable mobility.
- Teaching and research in secondary or higher training centers in the fields of the degree.
About the School
Universitat Carlemany nace con el afán de contribuir activamente en dar soluciones a uno de los mayores retos a los que se enfrenta la sociedad en este siglo: el desarrollo sostenible. Nuestro objetiv ... Read More