UCSD will offer an online Master of Data Science, subject to approval by The University of California, San Diego, the UC Office of the President, and WSCUC.
UCSD’s Master of Data Science will give you the skills required to become a successful data scientist. Through a rigorous curriculum developed by the world’s topmost experts in the field, the program covers both the foundations of data sciences, along with applied methods useful in practice. Students will learn how to collect, prepare, store, analyze, and visualize data, all at large scales.
A capstone course will tie all the material together through a large project that leverages unique strengths at UCSD, including the interdisciplinary Halicioglu Data Science Institute, the San Diego Super Computer Center, the Scripps Institution for Oceanography, and world-renowned research groups in health informatics, computer vision, and computer-generated music.
- #5 Best public university, U.S. News and World Report
- #9 Most Graduates Hired by Silicon Valley Employers, HiringSolved
- #10 Nationally in best global universities, U.S. News & World Report
At least one college-level course or equivalent knowledge in:
- Computer programming in any high-level programming language (Java, C, Pascal, Fortran, C++, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Multivariate calculus
- Basic linear algebra
A full application includes the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field
- UCSD Data Science MicroMasters program recommended but not required (note: the credit from the MicroMasters program transfers into the Master’s program)
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- TOEFL required for international applicants only
- Applicants are not required to submit GRE scores
The online Master's degree in Data Science requires 10 courses with each course being 4 credit hours.