Accountants with deep financial expertise, business acumen, real-world experience, decision-making ability, and effective communication skills are vital to businesses of all sizes and have tremendous career opportunities.
The online Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) program at the Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, is designed for smart, hardworking students with integrity and passion who want to substantially enhance their understanding of accounting and broaden their career opportunities. Our accounting Master’s degree curriculum includes courses in financial accounting and managerial accounting, financial statement analysis, finance, tax planning, and strategy, auditing, and data analytics-based decision-making. The online MSA accounting program is designed to be flexible and rigorous, allowing you to complete a high-quality accounting program on your own schedule, and at your own pace.
- #1 Online Business Graduate Programs, US News & World Report Best Graduate Business Schools, 2019
- #10 Accounting Programs, US News & World Report Best Graduate Business Schools, 2018
- #7 Best Professors, The Princeton Review, Best Business Schools, 2018
At least one college-level course on accounting principles with a grade of C or better is required as a prerequisite for the online Master of Science in Accounting degree program.
A full Master’s degree application includes the following:
- An undergraduate Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent from an accredited college or university in the United States or a comparable degree from a recognized institution of higher learning from outside of the United States
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation from a professional or academic contact
- Official GMAT or GRE Score (waived if undergraduate GPA at least 3.0 and 2 or more years of professional experience in business after the undergraduate degree)
- TOEFL: Required for international students only
The Master’s degree in Accounting requires 30 hours of coursework. Each of the 10 courses counts as 3 credit hours. Courses in the degree program are:
- Financial Reporting I
- Managerial Accounting and Corporate Control
- Taxes and Decision Making
- Financial Reporting II
- Financial Statements Analysis and Valuation
- Managerial Economics
- Law and Negotiations
- Auditing and Internal Controls
- Analytical Methods and Decision-Making
About the School
Founded by Harvard University and MIT in 2012, edX is an online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners ev ... Read More