This online MBA degree can be completed in a minimum of 12 months. It's designed to update your management toolkit and give you a stronger foundation from which to build your career.
- Awarded by: University of Chichester, UK
- Delivered by: OTHM Qualifications
- Study mode: Online - Distance Learning
- Pathway: 2 stages
- Duration: 1 year
- No. of modules: 9
- Assessment Method: All assignments
- Language: English
- Start date: All year round
The MBA (top-up) programme is available for those students who have already passed the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership qualification, and have a minimum of two years’ management work experience. The Master of Business Administration (MBA) (top-up) is a 60 credit postgraduate programme validated by the University of Chichester.
The programme is offered full-time over one academic term starting in September, January or May or may be studied part-time over two terms. It is designed to provide you with a 'cutting edge' UK MBA assessed by means of a Consultancy Project report – this report may be potentially based on your current workplace and the analysis of a strategic challenge that you will recommend how to overcome. Alternatively, you may choose to review an industry sector challenge – preparing you for future management in this area.
This programme consists of two stages as illustrated below. Following successful completion of the Stage 1 Diploma, students can gain direct entry onto the Stage 2 Top-Up. Students will be awarded a full MBA degree from the University of Chichester upon completion of Stage 2.
Typically, applicants should possess:
- UK Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and two years managerial experience, OR;
- Five years managerial work experience (evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma* OR applicants without a Level 7 Diploma but holding significant managerial experience will be considered for Advanced Entry on a case-by-case basis
- A good command of English
What You Receive
You receive all the materials and support you need to help you balance study with your work and home commitments. The programme structure and learning materials allow you to study at your own convenience and develop your own study schedule while offering opportunities for you to engage with your peers.
The following will be included via OTHM’s multifaceted online learning platform:
- Course materials: Access structured lecture notes, case studies and assessment materials through a state-of-the-art online Learning Platform (ELP).
- Online webinars: Receive both live and recorded lectures from subject experts.
- A dedicated one-to-one tutor: Receive comprehensive support throughout the course and supervision throughout the dissertation writing process
- Comprehensive e-library: Read recommended study texts and reference books.
- Mintel market reports: Company reports, financial analysis and industry information.
- Access to an international online community to keep in touch and share with fellow students and lecturers.
*MBA programme is a pure distance learning course and is therefore not subject to the registration requirement. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.