Acquire the confidence and strategic planning skills needed to work in the rapidly evolving global marketing, branding and digital communications industry.
- Award title: MA Marketing and Digital Communications *subject to validation during this academic year
- Awarding body: Falmouth University
- Level: 7
- Mode of study: Online, part-time
- Duration: Two years
- Total tuition fees for the two-year course: £10,900 (including £250 acceptance fee)
Masters degree summary
Digital communications and globalisation have transformed marketing, advertising and branding. People demand personalised, culturally relevant experiences that go beyond just buying one more product.
In the MA in Marketing and Digital Communications course, you’ll learn how to use emerging technologies to innovate and lead marketing transformations for international audiences.
You will create a comprehensive working knowledge of marketing and branding strategy and assimilate how to recognise and adapt to the demands of perspectives led by clients and agencies. This includes the understanding of returns on investment, accountability and future planning, and the use of data-driven marketing insights in a professional, ethical and regulated process.
You will become an expert on how to work to professional standards and practice in marketing and digital communications. You will use this professional experience and cultural knowledge to develop concepts, plans, and campaigns that you can immediately use in your current work and as you progress in your career.
After graduation, you will be a forward-looking marketing professional, set to embrace change on a global scale. You will have the ability to adapt to whatever new ways emerge during your career of doing business and new approaches to marketing and digital communications.
Who is this masters degree for?
You should be:
- Aiming to work in marketing, branding, advertising or communications, on either the client or agency side or as an independent freelancer, business start-up or contractor.
- Keen to develop your skills in the areas that are important to insights, planning, strategic and project management roles in the marketing, branding, advertising and communications industry.
- Looking to develop self-reliance and initiative in a challenging competitive global marketplace.
- Looking to develop commercial and cultural sensitivity for national and international markets.
- Ready to embrace future opportunities and challenges created by the rapidly-changing global marketing, advertising and digital communications industries.
As a graduate of this MA, you could go into roles such as:
- Marketing officer or manager
- Account handler or planner
- Content planner
- Media planner
- Consumer or market researcher
- Data communications manager
- SEO/SEM manager
- Social media producer
Research skills embedded throughout the modules and with the Major Project could allow you to successfully progress into postgraduate research programmes and PhDs in the areas of marketing, branding and digital communications.
MA Marketing and Digital Communications
In the course, you will work independently and in teams on challenges that will help you learn how to expertly:
- Research emerging technologies for marketing.
- Research online audiences using digital ethnographies.
- Write content that is appropriate for a variety of online channels, such as blogs.
- Prepare marketing plans.
- Prepare client briefs and interpret these for agencies, creatives, media and production teams.
- Deliver a professional pitch to a potential client, audience or brand.
- Develop a Major Project that establishes you as an expert on a theme, sector or trend.
You will need to complete four 30-credit modules and one 60-credit project (180 credits in total). All modules on the course are compulsory and must be passed in order to complete the award.
You will need to complete four 30-credit modules (120 credits in total). All modules on the course are compulsory and must be passed in order to complete the award. A dissertation (major project) is not required.
*Please note: the order of modules may differ to that stated below.
|Marketing in a Digital World||30|
|Creative Digital Storytelling||30|
|Global Media Planning||30|
|Innovation and Industry||30|
|Final Major Project||60|
You will need:
- An honours degree or Level 6 equivalent qualification.
- Proof of proficiency in English (minimum overall score of IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.0 in Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening or TOEFL IBT (Internet Based Test) with a minimum of 88 overall and at least 21 in all 4 components).
We also accept a range of equivalent recognised English language qualifications. Candidates without a degree or formal qualification are still encouraged to apply. For more information regarding equivalent international qualifications and Accreditation of Prior Learning (APL) please email us.
About the School
Established in 1902, we’ve previously been the Falmouth School of Art, Falmouth College of Art and Design and the University College Falmouth.