- Course Duration: 16 months part-time*
- Course Fees: $3,188 per subject. FEE-HELP is available.
- Course Study Periods: Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sept, Oct
- Course Subjects: 12
*Duration depends on Recognition of Prior Learning
Gain global perspective to drive your business forward
Whether you’re a manager, leader, business owner or consultant, you can drive tremendous growth for your organisation if you have the knowledge and decision-making skills to act quickly and adapt within a dynamic, globalised world.
James Cook University’s (JCU) online Graduate Diploma of Business Administration Global is designed from the ground up for leaders who want to thrive in contemporary business environments. You will learn how to tackle complex business problems, identify drivers for business sustainability and competitive advantage, as well as exemplify vanguard leadership to move your organisation into the future.
- Completion of a Bachelor degree in a cognate discipline and two (2) years’ business experience; or
- Completion of an Honours degree in any discipline and two (2) years’ business experience; or
- Four (4) years’ business experience in a managerial role* to the satisfaction of the Course Coordinator; or
- Other qualifications or practical experience recognized by the Dean, College of Business Law and Governance as equivalent to the above.
- Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of Band 2 – Schedule II of the JCU Admissions Policy.
*Applicants must have a minimum of four years full-time equivalent professional work experience in a management, leadership or supervisory level in a business environment or be eligible for a member grade status of a relevant professional organization. Students will have demonstrable effective management experience relating to organizational behavior, business, strategy, marketing, economics, communication and people management.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
The duration of your course is dependent on your previous education levels and your work. This could reduce the number of subjects you study to gain your postgraduate qualification. Call our Enrolment team to discuss your options.
What you will study
To complete the online Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, you will study eight subjects. Each subject runs for seven weeks, with six enrolment periods per year.
You’ll gain the skills to make impactful strategic decisions in global business contexts, solve complex problems through data and develop the knowledge to become a competent leader, who drives sustainable growth and creates positive outcomes.
Graduate Diploma Subjects
(select any four)
- Multinational Corporations and International Markets
- Marketing Strategy, Analytics, and Development
- Information Management and Analytics Technology
- Data Information: Management, Security, Privacy, and Ethics
- Venture Capital & Entrepreneurship
- Business Innovation and Technology Management
- Business Consulting
- Integrated Global Capstone Project
Enjoy a global, capstone experience
As part of your Graduate Diploma or Master's degree, you can choose to participate in a week-long Integrated Global Capstone Project at JCU’s Singapore campus, Orpheus Island or the Daintree Rainforest near Cairns, Australia.
This final capstone subject will also be available in an online format for those who are unable to travel.
The Graduate Diploma in Business Administration is a ‘nested qualification’ within the Master of Business Administration (MBA). It forms part of the 12-subject MBA, along with the Graduate Certificate qualification level.
Upon completion of the Graduate Diploma, you can either exit the course or continue your studies towards the MBA.
100% online and flexible
Our courses are delivered 100% online, on any device. Maintain work, family and other commitments without the hassle of a fixed timetable.
We offer six study periods across the calendar year. This means you can enroll in up to six subjects and complete your Graduate Diploma in less time. This innovative online structure lets you focus on a single subject at a time and complete your qualification ahead of most other university programs.
The opportunity to connect with academics and fellow students – regardless of location – means you’ll build a professional network without having to leave your home or office.
Customised course delivery
At JCU, we’re proud to deliver online courses tailored to the needs of part-time students. Led by a dedicated learning design team, all course materials are developed with the online student in mind.
Each subject is built within LearnJCU, an interactive online environment where you can actively engage with coursework, assessment, and resources.
Dedicated support for your success
We strive to create an environment that enables you to succeed. By limiting class sizes to just 25 students, our tutors have enough time to provide you with their full attention and support.
In addition to the academic support provided by your subject coordinator and tutors, you will receive individualized support from a Student Success Advisor. Your Student Success Advisor can assist with non-academic advice, whether that’s finding the right resources or keeping you motivated throughout your course.