The Online Executive Master in EU Studies is organised by the Centre international de formation européenne (CIFE – www.cife.eu) in cooperation with the Jean Monnet Chairholder of CEUTUS (Centre for Turkish and European Studies) of the University of Cologne.
CIFE is a private institution of higher education and research, founded in 1954 with its head office in Nice and branch offices in Berlin, Bruxelles and Istanbul. It receives special funding in the framework of the Jean Monnet Programme of the European Union. Most graduates of CIFE’s programme work nowadays for European institutions, international organisations and NGOs.
The Online Executive Master in EU Studies is an interdisciplinary study programme designed for professionals, postgraduates, junior officials and all those who plan to make a career in the EU, have gained experience in this field and want to specialise in a certain policy area. Through a combination of e-learning and concentrated face-to-face-learning phases (at weekends in Berlin, Budapest, Brussels, Nice, Vienna and Rome) the Master offers an accurate blend of theoretical and practical knowledge as the courses are taught by renowned academics from various European countries, experts from research institutions and governmental practitioners. It awards 90 ECTS.
In the first study year, the programme offers:
- Well-founded knowledge on the EU through a number of courses (Institutional architecture of the EU, EU Law, History of EU integration, The EU in World Politics, Economic Dimension of EU integration, Transition and Regional Development, Sustainable Development, Security and Migration)
- An understanding of recent developments in the European integration process
- Insights into EU political proceedings and policies
- A simulation game of a European Council Summit
In the second study year, the programme provides its participants:
- An interdisciplinary approach in the study of current developments, such as the Institutional Evolution of the EU, the Global Economic Challenges of the Union, EU Citizenship, and in specific topics like the EU in International Crises and Conflicts, the questions of Cohesion and Differentiation in the EU, the balance among Internal Market, Trade and Sustainability policies
- The opportunity to create new synergies with academic staff and fellow colleagues
- A special course on EU project cycle management
- The opportunity to increase specific skills in drafting documents such as policy briefs, legal writs and alike
- The chance to write a Master thesis on a specific topic of their own choice.
The blended-learning approach of the Online Executive Master offers the possibility to:
- Meet and interact with your peers and the academic staff on a regular basis during weekend workshops
- Keep your motivation and workflow high
- Fully dedicate yourself to the programme in a way tailored to your needs
You can apply anytime throughout the year. The deadline for application is the 20th of September. A limited number of scholarships is awarded to particularly qualified candidates to cover a part of the tuition fee.
For further information please consult CIFE’s website: www.eu-online-academy.org or contact CIFE (email@example.com).
You can apply online by clicking the following link: http://www.eu-online-academy.org/EOA/en/8/Registration
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 6, 2017