- Dates: From 11/23/2020 to 12/06/2020
- Place: Online
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Price: 350 €
Financial Derivatives are, for the general public and for a large part of individual investors, little-known products, although they are essential tools in portfolio management and their knowledge and use becomes even more necessary in periods of high uncertainty. or volatility like the current ones.
This course aims to bring derivative products, and specifically futures, to anyone who has some concern about knowing what they are and how they can be incorporated into equity portfolio management.
In the first part of the course it will be explained what we understand by derivative product and the different types of markets where they are traded, with special emphasis on the functioning of organized markets.
In the second part, it will be dedicated to explaining the main characteristics of financial futures as they are, the principles that govern the setting of their price and how they can be used, both in their speculative aspect and in that which allows to eliminate risk of a portfolio.
The third part works on the concept of option, the factors that determine your premium and the main strategies we can use.
Upon completion and after completing the exercises planned during the course, you will be in a position to understand much better how to incorporate them into your management.
- Investors who want to start using these products.
- Portfolio managers interested in learning about these products and their advantages.
- University students who want to take a first step in the financial markets.
- And in general, anyone who wants to learn about and deepen the use of these products and the markets in which they are traded.
Learn how derivative products work with the purpose of incorporating them into portfolio management, as well as knowing the characteristics of organized and unorganized derivative products markets.
- Derivative products and financial risk management.
- Organized and unorganized markets. MEFF and its clearing house (BME Clearing).
- The future contract: basic positions and price formation.
- Use of futures.
- The option contract: basic positions and parameters that affect the determination of the premium.
- Use of derivative products as hedging.
- Derivative strategies.
The course lasts 2 weeks in which the student and the teacher are in contact at all times.
The structure of the course is as follows:
- The students will have the complete documentation in PDF format, so that they can have it printed at the time of class and it will be easier for them to follow it.
- On Monday and Tuesday there will be an online session from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., in which the slides corresponding to the current week will be explained in depth and practical examples of all the concepts studied will be given.
- These sessions will be recorded and posted in the virtual classroom. In this way, if a student misses a live session or wants to watch it again, they can do so at any time.
- On Wednesdays the student must study the weekly documentation. All doubts that may arise must be exposed in the "forum of doubts".
- On Thursdays there will be another Online session from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., in which all the doubts published in the forum will be resolved and real-time analyzes of the main indices and shares will be made, which can be chosen by the students, to reinforce all the concepts studied.
- The rest of the week the student can use it to work on the documentation and the "optional" practical exercises that will be made available to them. Any questions should be asked through the "Forum of doubts".
- During the week all doubts raised through the forum will be resolved, so that all students can see them and learn from them.
- Students will have a chat to communicate with other students while the course is active.
- Instituto BME will issue a certificate of having been enrolled in the course to all participants. In the event that you want to obtain a certificate of achievement of the course, you must pass a short test.
On the Friday of the week before the start of the course, you will receive by email the password to access the classroom where you can download the course documentation and an explanatory document on how the platform works.
About the School
Instituto BME es el centro de formación de Bolsas y Mercados Españoles (BME), el cuarto operador de mercados en Europa. Se constituye en 2005 continuando con la labor de difusión llevada a cabo desde ... Read More