EJO English Language Online Learning
Learn wherever you are with an internet connection, home, office or somewhere else! Learn at times convenient for you and work at your own speed over a prescribed time period!
With so much flexibility, learning online is ideal for those who lead busy lives.
Some of our students take these courses before or after taking another EJO course (English Home Lessons or an International Summer Programme). Many take them independently.
Practical English is suitable for:
Pre-intermediate to advanced level learners who want to improve their core English skills in the most efficient way possible
|225 - 900
||A2 - C1
Practical English offers a highly personalised learning formula to identify weak areas and to continually provide study material that addresses individual needs as learners work through the course. Those who are willing to study 2-3 hours a week over several months will see a significant improvement in their level and in international exam test scores.
Each lesson offers varied content and task types and follows a clear and proven learning cycle to build skills systematically. Students are exposed to a wide range of every-day topics and accents from around the English-speaking world to help prepare them for further study abroad and interactions in the work-place.
Lessons are broken down into short modules so they can be completed either on-the-go on a mobile device, or on a PC or tablet. Students can begin a lesson, take a break and simply pick up where they left off. An end-of-lesson test that uses exercise types from the most common international exams helps to consolidate the language learned and provides an immediate benchmark of progress made. Test results and study history are continuously analysed by the system to monitor the learner’s level and ability and to recommend appropriate next lessons.
Students who have not yet attained an A2 level of English should begin with Practical English Starter.
- 350 content rich-lessons from A2 – C1 level covering a range of topics presenting language in day-to-day or workplace situations.
- A learning formula that begins with a diagnostic test, and consistently provides material to help learners focus on their weak areas.
- A wide range of exercise types, including animated dialogs, to provide interest and aid comprehension.
- Material that includes a variety of accents from both English and non-English speaking countries.
- Progress update emails to help stay on track.
- Detailed feedback on each activity, plus a full grammar reference to support learning and review.
Course fee: £29.99
Optional extra: £39.99 to include a 20-minute skype tutorial with a qualified teacher
Our courses include within the course fee:
- Enrolment (no registration fee to be added to the cost of course)
- Programme of lessons as described for the course
- Regular emails from your course coach monitoring your progression through the course (Practical English and Need to Read only)
A PC which can be connected to the Internet (ADSL or Broadband).
Microsoft OS (Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7) with Internet Explorer version 7 or above or the latest version of Google Chrome or Firefox, OS X with the latest version of Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
A resolution of 1024x768 or higher.