Whether you aspire to own or manage a spa or you’re already a seasoned professional, improve your knowledge and career advancement opportunities with practical, real-world spa and wellness education taught by leading industry experts. Throughout this comprehensive, online program, you’ll learn all aspects of the successful day-to-day operation of a spa as well as business strategies you can employ for sustained growth and profitability in this ever-evolving industry.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals who wish to enter the field of spa and wellness management
- Current spa owners, directors, and practitioners
- Spa employees needing management training
- Business professionals and entrepreneurs entering the spa and wellness industry
- Doctors, nurses and other medical professionals who are looking for a career change
- Manufacturers and developers of products for the spa and wellness industries
- Wellness, health, medical, and fitness professionals seeking to expand their understanding of the industry
- Representatives from business, hospitality, and tourism industries considering spa related project developments
Occupational summary for first-line supervisors of personal service workers in the United States:
- Jobs: 216,708 (2018)
- Projected Growth: 16.8% (2018-2028)
- Annual Salary: $29k-$49k (25th-75th Percentile)
- Acquire a solid level of understanding and conceptual skills in management, operations, finance, human resources, marketing, and treatments from managing day-to-day operations to positioning for future growth and profitability.
- Learn strategic thinking for developing your business model and marketing plan based upon industry analysis and market research of your target market.
- Develop an integrated service culture that supports profitability, employee retention, and high customer loyalty.
- Introduction to Spa & Wellness: Industry and Operations (3 units)
- Human Resources Management in Spa & Wellness (3 units)
- Spa and Wellness Financial Management (3 units)
- Marketing and Branding for Spa & Wellness (3 units)
Program taught in:
See 15 more programs offered by University of California, Irvine - Division of Continuing Education »
Last updated June 10, 2019
This course is