Want to turn your passion for gaming into a viable career? According to a report by PwC the global video game industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.8% from $71.3 billion in 2015 to $90.1 billion in 2020.
Traditional athletic apparel companies such as Nike, Adidas, and Under Armour are expected to compete for team jersey rights in the coming years and major telecom companies are acquiring gamer centric programming providers. Also, innovations in video streaming capabilities have arrived just in time for gaming platforms and titles to capitalize on the value of their media rights. As business opportunities flourish, the industry will create demand for professionals with the right mix of training, passion, and knowledge.
Our industry expert instructors will help you
- Speak knowledgeably about the history, community, and business of Esports with future employers and other stakeholders in the industry.
- Develop actionable suggestions to encourage growth or improvement in the Esports industry.
- Develop effective communications geared towards fans and decision makers within the Esports industry.
- Create social media content that entices Esports fan interaction.
- Apply project management skills and tools to initiate, plan, execute, and close an Esports live event.
- Overview of Esports
- Effective Communication in Esports
- Esports Project Management: Live Events
See 18 more programs offered by University of California, Irvine - Division of Continuing Education »
Last updated September 17, 2019
This course is