Score a Winning Career in Sport Management
You live for the rush of competitive sport. You strive to be the best, both on and off the field. Now turn that passion into a career with a sport management degree from Post University. Our graduates have been recruited for sports management jobs in athletic administration, sports marketing, ticket sales, game-day operations, and community relations for a variety of professional sports organizations, amateur sports organizations, and collegiate athletic conferences. There’s a team looking for someone like you.
Like any sport, you will begin your studies with the foundations, and then build your knowledge in specific areas, such as societal sport, sport administration, sport events, and facility management, sport marketing, sport law, and sport economics. In each course, an emphasis is placed on:
- Adaption to change in sport management
- Integration of business concepts into sport management
- Global perspectives in sport management
- Business Ethics
- Sport Communication
- Sport Psychology
Before graduating, you will complete a capstone course and internship to gain valuable hands-on experience in sports management. Depending on your career aspirations, you may find opportunities with professional sports teams, collegiate and high school athletic departments, YMCAs, and Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
We take great pride in the capability of our faculty — who are highly academically qualified and extensively experienced in the industry — and our career-focused curriculum to prepare you for the next level. Unlike most sport management colleges, our sports management program is housed in our School of Business to provide you with the skills you need to succeed in the real world.
At Post University, our goal is to get you from the starting gate to the finish line, and we will support you every step of the way. Whether you attend classes at our Connecticut campus or online, you will receive unmatched personal attention throughout your educational journey.
Bachelor of Science in Sport Management Program Outcomes
- Adaption to Change in Sport Management - Students will demonstrate the ability to adapt to the changing sport management environment via strategic planning, creativity, and innovation.
- Integration of Business Concepts in Sport Management - Students will develop an ability to integrate concepts from various business disciplines and apply those concepts in the formulation of solutions to complex sport management issues and problems.
- Global Perspective in Sport Management - Students will develop a global perspective as it relates to the function of sport management in an increasingly multicultural and multinational world.
- Business Ethics - Students will examine and apply ethical and professional behaviors and standards to contemporary business situations.
- Communication - Students will communicate professionally using written and/or oral skills essential to success in the business environment.
- Fundamental Business Concepts - Students will demonstrate the ability to apply the fundamental concepts of management, marketing, accounting, finance, and economics in a business environment.
Applicants seeking to apply for admissions to an Accelerated Degree Program online undergraduate program must be a high school graduate or meet one of the following requirements:
- Possess a General Education Development (GED) certificate or state-specific equivalent diploma.
- Possess a Home Study certificate or transcript from a Home Study program that is equivalent to high school level and recognized by the applicant’s home state, and they must be beyond the age of compulsory attendance in that state.
Post University will accept attestation as proof of graduation. In addition to attestation Post University will request any proof of graduation as outlined by the U. S. Department of Education and will evaluate the students that are not able to produce documentation. Post University relies on the students’ attestation of high school completion and will not mandate a separate document for all students. Additional acceptable forms of attestation may include proof of graduation included on the FAFSA, or any document deemed acceptable by the US Department of Education.
If for any reason, the attestation of high school graduation or GED completion is found to be false or untrue, the student will not have met an admissions requirement of Post University and will not be considered a regular student and will be subject to immediate dismissal from Post University. Further, if the attestation is found to be false or untrue, all Title IV financial aid and state or institutional financial aid that was disbursed on the student’s behalf must be refunded to the appropriate source. The student will be responsible for Post University for all money refunded.
Post University takes a personal approach to education and a personal interest in each of our student’s success. Whether you learn on campus or online, you will receive one-on-one attention from our experienced faculty and staff.
We’re With You Every Step Of The Way
In the Malcolm Baldrige School of Business at Post University, we are committed to you and your ongoing success. That requires more than just giving lectures and handing out tests. It requires we do everything possible to provide an extraordinary learning experience. It requires more of us; and it will require more of you. As a student in the School, you are signing on for an education that will help make an impact on every facet of your life. You’ll be required to Think More, Do More, and Be More.
You won’t be alone. Your student advisors, school administration, and dedicated faculty will come along beside you to provide guidance, support, and real-world business insights for an educational experience unmatched in any industry. We’re focused on maximizing YOUR success.
Accreditation & Rankings
Programs within the Malcolm Baldrige School of Business have been continuously accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) Global Business Accreditation since 2014*. This means we meet or exceed established standards for these business programs around the globe. ACBSP Global Business Accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement, worldwide, for business programs that have a primary teaching focus as opposed to a research focus.
Don’t miss your shot. Contact us to enroll in our online sports management degree program today.
This degree program is programmatically accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
About the School
Post University was founded in 1890 with a mission to give students the educational foundation they need to pursue careers in the fields that interest them most. In the last 130 years, the world aroun ... Read More