Pave Your Way to a Management Career
You’ve always been a people person. You enjoy working in teams and are quick to take the reins on projects. With a management degree from Post University, you can turn your knack for leadership into a management career. Great managers are needed in virtually every industry; you can pursue management jobs in operations management, retail, social and community service, supply chain management, sales, product development, administrative services, human resources, and more.
As a student in our management degree program, you will learn about the hierarchy of organizations, how to integrate the people and systems of organizations, and how to leverage creativity and innovation to improve organizational effectiveness, now and in the future. You will work in diverse groups on projects that address problems of organizational design, development, and change at various levels in organizations as you explore subjects such as:
- Human resource management
- Organizational behavior
- Team processes and development
- Business Ethics
- Fundamental Business Concepts
Upon completion of your management training, you will be able to apply the modern management theories, practices, and techniques you’ve learned in a business setting.
Our experienced faculty has led teams in organizations of all sizes in many industries, including consulting, insurance, logistics, and health care. Not only will they bring real-world scenarios into the classroom to help you develop your critical thinking and leadership skills, but they will also provide the support to guide yourself to graduate and enter your chosen field. We offer a variety of concentrations to customize your degree to your career goals.
- This flexible option allows you to design your concentration, with one-on-one guidance from a dedicated advisor.
- Gain valuable financial planning skills applicable to any business setting. In this concentration, you will learn the foundational concepts and principles of accounting, as well as the basic framework for recording and reporting transactions.
Computer Information Systems
- In this concentration, you will be exposed to networking in business and learn about the relationship between information systems and technology.
- This concentration prepares you to start, grow, and manage a thriving business in ever-changing competitive markets.
- This concentration helps students prepare for success in the world of finance – from financial services and analyst positions to careers in insurance and banking. Coursework is specifically designed to prepare students to sit for and take Series 6 and Series 7 FINRA exams.
Human Resource Management
- In this concentration, you will explore the standards of performance expected of managers and employees and focus on leveraging diversity, employee compensation and benefits, human resource systems, and labor and employment law.
- This concentration provides you with an introduction to the foundational concepts and principles of marketing. You will gain a basic understanding of real-world applications of general marketing, selling skills, and retail merchandising/management.
- From schedules to finances and even the ability to effectively work with different personalities on a daily basis, project management requires multiple skill-sets that ensure any project, regardless of size, is executed efficiently. This concentration helps you identify the tools needed for various projects and how to implement them.
- You will gain an understanding of the business of sports with courses in basic sport management principles, athletic administration, and events and facility management.
International Business and MBA Track Concentrations are now available – more details coming soon!
Bachelor of Science in Management Program Outcomes
- Leadership - Develop an understanding of Organizational Leadership and demonstrate a variety of leadership skills such as leading change, resolving conflict, motivating others, and leading a team within an environment of accountability.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation - Show an ability to identify, develop, and manage a business opportunity by using sound business practices and innovation.
- Strategic Planning and Decision Making - Demonstrate the ability to build and implement a business plan with strategic objectives that are relevant and measurable.
- Business Ethics - Students will examine and apply ethical and professional behaviors in contemporary business situations.
- Communication - Students will communicate professionally with skills essential to success in the business environment
- Fundamental Business Concepts - Students will demonstrate the ability to apply the basic concepts of Management, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, & Economics in a business environment.
Applicants seeking to apply for admissions to an Accelerated Degree Program online undergraduate program must be a high school graduate or meet one of the following requirements:
- Possess a General Education Development (GED) certificate or state-specific equivalent diploma.
- Possess a Home Study certificate or transcript from a Home Study program that is equivalent to high school level and recognized by the applicant’s home state, and they must be beyond the age of compulsory attendance in that state.
Post University will accept attestation as proof of graduation. In addition to attestation Post University will request any proof of graduation as outlined by the U. S. Department of Education and will evaluate the students that are not able to produce documentation. Post University relies on the students’ attestation of high school completion and will not mandate a separate document for all students. Additional acceptable forms of attestation may include proof of graduation included on the FAFSA, or any document deemed acceptable by the US Department of Education.
If for any reason, the attestation of high school graduation or GED completion is found to be false or untrue, the student will not have met an admissions requirement of Post University and will not be considered a regular student and will be subject to immediate dismissal from Post University. Further, if the attestation is found to be false or untrue, all Title IV financial aid and state or institutional financial aid that was disbursed on the student’s behalf must be refunded to the appropriate source. The student will be responsible for Post University for all money refunded.
Post University takes a personal approach to education and a personal interest in each of our student’s success. Whether you learn on campus or online, you will receive one-on-one attention from our experienced faculty and staff.
We’re With You Every Step Of The Way
In the Malcolm Baldrige School of Business at Post University, we are committed to you and your ongoing success. That requires more than just giving lectures and handing out tests. It requires we do everything possible to provide an extraordinary learning experience. It requires more of us; and it will require more of you. As a student in the School, you are signing on for an education that will help make an impact on every facet of your life. You’ll be required to Think More, Do More, and Be More.
You won’t be alone. Your student advisors, school administration, and dedicated faculty will come along beside you to provide guidance, support, and real-world business insights for an educational experience unmatched in any industry. We’re focused on maximizing YOUR success.
Accreditation & Rankings
Programs within the Malcolm Baldrige School of Business have been continuously accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) Global Business Accreditation since 2014*. This means we meet or exceed established standards for these business programs around the globe. ACBSP Global Business Accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement, worldwide, for business programs that have a primary teaching focus as opposed to a research focus.
Why follow when you were born to lead? Choose online management courses to fit your current work schedule. Contact us now, and we’ll get in touch with you shortly.
This degree program is programmatically accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
About the School
Post University was founded in 1890 with a mission to give students the educational foundation they need to pursue careers in the fields that interest them most. In the last 130 years, the world aroun ... Read More