Kentucky Wesleyan College’s Bachelor of Science in General Studies is an online program that emphasizes the knowledge and abilities most demanded in today’s society: Oral and written communication, critical thinking, problem-solving, effective use of technology and global awareness.
The General Studies online program offers you the flexibility to choose courses that meet your interests and professional goals in the following “core areas”: Behavioral Studies, Business Studies, Education Studies, English, Humanities, and Social Sciences. As an online student in the General Studies program, you will work with your online advisor to create a degree plan and course of study that fits your needs.
Professionals who earn a bachelor’s in General Studies degree have numerous opportunities to advance their career within their place of employment or other private or public companies and organizations. Your liberal arts/ general studies degree is a solid career preparation and highly desirable by employers.
Positions that benefit from a bachelor degree in general studies may include an executive assistant, business manager, operations assistant manager, account manager, sales associate or manager, marketing specialist, public relations manager, department administrator, customer service manager, etc.
General Studies Online Courses
|Core Areas of Study (choose any 3 areas from the list below):
|(Actual courses depend upon transfer courses and courses scheduled.
View possible courses in the Academic Bulletin.)
General Studies Online Requirements
- 120 credit hours are a minimum for graduation, with a 2.0 minimum cumulative GPA.
- All General Education requirements must be met for a total of 39 credit hours.
- *A Multi-Cultural Studies requirement needs to be met.
- The last 30 credit hours after acceptance to the General Studies degree program must be completed at Kentucky Wesleyan College.
- At least 42 hours of credit must be taken in courses numbered 300 or 400-level.
- Grades of D are not acceptable in core area courses.
- Three core areas must be selected from the following: Behavioral Studies, Business Studies, Education Studies, English, Humanities, and Social Sciences.
- A minimum of 15 credit hours must be taken in each core area, of which 6 credit hours must be 300 or 400 level courses (45 credit hours).
- No more than 6 courses may be taken from any core area.
- The remaining 33 credit hours may be chosen from any core area. A minimum of 15 of these 33 credit hours must be 300 or 400 level courses.
Capstone Course Requirement
An additional Capstone Course (three credit hour) course (*) will be required in one of the 3 chosen core areas. NOTE: This is in addition to a capstone taken to meet the 15 credit hour requirement within the 3 chosen core areas. All Capstone Course requirements must be approved by the program advisor of the General Studies degree.