Choose a Career with Return on Your Investment
If you’re considering a career in finance, an education from Post University may be one of your most valuable investments. Our graduates have landed finance jobs in corporate finance, investment and wealth management, banking, personal finance, and international finance. Many have also pursued graduate education and professional study to become Certified Financial Planners (CFPs).
As a student in our finance degree program, you will develop your skills in analyzing financial situations, determining potential problems, and arriving at profitable solutions. Through case studies, you will learn about the cultural, global, and ethical environments in which businesses operate and gain vital foundational knowledge in:
- Financial Management
- Financial policymaking
- Strategic financial planning
- Business fundamentals and ethics
Post University is one of fewer than 50 universities in the nation to offer academic courses that prepare students to sit for two separate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) exams: Series 6 and Series 7. We also offer a variety of concentration options to customize your education and put you on the path toward your desired financial career, without compromising your current job responsibilities.
Our flexible online finance courses were designed for working professionals like you and our commitment, is to provide you with a personalized experience with academic and professional support at every stage of your educational experience.
- You’re a self-starter who’s comfortable calling the shots; this option allows you to do just that. Design your concentration by selecting from a range of finance electives.
- Set your sights on the corporate world. In this concentration, you will evaluate and analyze data related to business operations in an efficient way, with the goal of keeping the company’s financial performance in line with its overall corporate goals and objectives.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- This concentration prepares you for a treasury career within a company’s corporate financial structure.
Financial Services & Banking
- Upon graduation of this concentration, you will be ready to take the FINRA Series 6 exam and pursue employment in retail, commercial, or consumer banking or investment product sales and services.
Personal Financial Planning
- Learn the basic and fundamental areas of personal financial planning and study for either the FINRA Series 6 or Series 7 exam.
Bachelor of Science in Finance Program Outcomes
- Financial Management - Students will develop theoretical and practical financial knowledge supported by the appropriate use of analytical and quantitative techniques to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields.
- Financial Policy-Making - Students will evaluate the market and organizational needs for developing, strengthening, and implementing corporate governance and dividend policy-making practices.
- Strategic Financial Planning - Students will identify, synthesize, and integrate relevant business, finance, and regulatory concepts to assist in providing innovative solutions to complex strategic and organizational challenges.
- Business Ethics - Students will examine and apply ethical and professional behaviors and standards to contemporary business situations.
- Communication - Students will communicate professionally using written and/or oral skills essential to success in the business environment.
- Fundamental Business Concepts - Students will demonstrate the ability to apply the fundamental concepts of management, marketing, accounting, finance, and economics in a business environment.
Applicants seeking to apply for admissions to an Accelerated Degree Program online undergraduate program must be a high school graduate or meet one of the following requirements:
- Possess a General Education Development (GED) certificate or state-specific equivalent diploma.
- Possess a Home Study certificate or transcript from a Home Study program that is equivalent to high school level and recognized by the applicant’s home state, and they must be beyond the age of compulsory attendance in that state.
Post University will accept attestation as proof of graduation. In addition to attestation Post University will request any proof of graduation as outlined by the U. S. Department of Education and will evaluate the students that are not able to produce documentation. Post University relies on the students’ attestation of high school completion and will not mandate a separate document for all students. Additional acceptable forms of attestation may include proof of graduation included on the FAFSA, or any document deemed acceptable by the US Department of Education.
If for any reason, the attestation of high school graduation or GED completion is found to be false or untrue, the student will not have met an admissions requirement of Post University and will not be considered a regular student and will be subject to immediate dismissal from Post University. Further, if the attestation is found to be false or untrue, all Title IV financial aid and state or institutional financial aid that was disbursed on the student’s behalf must be refunded to the appropriate source. The student will be responsible for Post University for all money refunded.
Post University takes a personal approach to education and a personal interest in each of our student’s success. Whether you learn on campus or online, you will receive one-on-one attention from our experienced faculty and staff.
We’re With You Every Step Of The Way
In the Malcolm Baldrige School of Business at Post University, we are committed to you and your ongoing success. That requires more than just giving lectures and handing out tests. It requires we do everything possible to provide an extraordinary learning experience. It requires more of us; and it will require more of you. As a student in the School, you are signing on for an education that will help make an impact on every facet of your life. You’ll be required to Think More, Do More, and Be More.
You won’t be alone. Your student advisors, school administration, and dedicated faculty will come along beside you to provide guidance, support, and real-world business insights for an educational experience unmatched in any industry. We’re focused on maximizing YOUR success.
Accreditation & Rankings
Programs within the Malcolm Baldrige School of Business have been continuously accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) Global Business Accreditation since 2014*. This means we meet or exceed established standards for these business programs around the globe. ACBSP Global Business Accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement, worldwide, for business programs that have a primary teaching focus as opposed to a research focus.
This course is taught in English.
Your search for finance programs is over, but your future is just beginning. Contact us to apply now and earn your finance degree online.
This degree program is programmatically accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
About the School
Post University was founded in 1890 with a mission to give students the educational foundation they need to pursue careers in the fields that interest them most. In the last 130 years, the world aroun ... Read More