ONLINE BBA: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Mount Mercy University’s human resource management program is endorsed by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the world’s largest Human Resources professional society. This recognition is based on the program’s alignment with the curriculum standards created by SHRM and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). In addition, this program can also help students prepare for the Human Resource Management Certification programs (SHRM-CS and SHRM-SCP) that are available through the Society.
Graduates of this program will learn to:
- Correctly identify and interpret laws affecting labor in the workplace
- Utilize HR metrics to make recommendations and justify the cost of employee programs
- Demonstrate understanding of compensation issues
“The teachers really do a great job of making me feel important by giving constructive feedback and always responding to my questions in a timely fashion. They also do a great job of bringing the students together for in-depth discussions and to learn from each other in addition to the teaching, which is important, especially in this type of setting because many of these people are adults who have years of experience to share — there is much to be learned from this kind of experience, and the teachers recognize that. This makes the process seem more connected like it would be in a classroom setting as opposed to an online ‘read the book and take a test’ type of setting.”
— Online Student
Classes are offered in 5 and 10-week sessions. Classes are asynchronous, so students are not required to log in at a certain day or time. However, there are weekly deadlines that keep students engaged and on track with their course progress. Typical coursework includes interacting with fellow students and the instructor through discussion forums, submitting written assignments, project-based work (both group and individual), and online quizzes and exams. Course content is delivered through a variety of formats, such as written lectures and readings, PowerPoints with audio, and instructor video recordings. Instructors may also host online office hours or supplemental video sessions that students can participate in if desired.
Human Resource Management Major Requirements*
- BA 203: Principles of Law
- BA 250: Technology & Communication in Business
- BA 270: Business Statistics
- BA 305: Employment Law and Labor Relations
- BA 379: Financial Management
- BA 436: Business Strategy Seminar
- BC 265: Principles of Accounting I
- BC 266: Principles of Accounting II
- BK 208: Principles of Marketing
- BN 204: Principles of Management
- BN 304: Human Resource Management
- BN 380: Organizational Behavior
- BN 386: Compensation and Benefits
- BN 392: Advanced Topics in Human Resource Management
- EC 251: Macroeconomics
- EC 252: Microeconomics
- MA 130: Finite Math
- Plus one additional Human Resource Management Elective course
*In addition to these major requirements, Human Resource Management students must also satisfy Mount Mercy’s core curriculum requirements and complete a minimum of 123 credit hours.
Need more information? Contact us at (888) 903-4503 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 7, 2018