Learn what it takes to be ready for anything—and take your education and career to the next level.
The Adelphi University online Associate of Science in Emergency Services Administration (A.S. in ESA) quickly provides you with the building blocks to enter or advance in this dynamic, challenging and rewarding field. You not only acquire practical knowledge and skills that you can immediately apply to your occupation, community, and life, but also a career-boosting credential.
Our cutting-edge curriculum in all-hazards planning applies across disciplines, organizations, industries, and sectors, opening doors to diverse employment opportunities in the emergency services field. It was developed and is taught by leading educators, researchers and practitioners, many with front-line experience managing major planned and unplanned events, including presidential visits, global meetings, terrorist attacks, health epidemics, transportation emergencies and natural disasters.
As incidents ranging from hurricanes and wildfires to cybersecurity breaches and mass shootings demonstrate, emergency preparedness is crucial in our homes, businesses, communities, and government. By earning your associate in emergency services administration online from Adelphi, you can help meet a critical societal need for individuals who are prepared to plan for and respond to emergencies—and stand out as a leader in any occupation.
Who Can Benefit
Adelphi’s online A.S. in Emergency Services Administration caters to individuals including:
- Public safety professionals, e.g., police officers, EMTs and active and veteran military members, who seek education to expand or hone their knowledge and skills and position themselves for career advancement
- Professionals in fields related to public safety, including public health, nursing, and environmental sciences, who want to help their organization with emergency preparedness or make a career change
- Students who aspire to earn a bachelor’s degree and are considering majoring in or planning to major in emergency services
- 100 percent online, the instructor-led format provides you with both flexibility and personalized learning.
- You gain fundamental emergency services administration competencies.
- Faculty members are active practitioners, providing you not only with academic training but also the latest field know-how and insights.
- You may qualify for up to 34 credits for life experience (including academy training), enabling you to save money and complete your degree in as few as two semesters.
About Adelphi and the Emergency Management Programs
Adelphi University is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university offering exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training with particular strength in its Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness.
Adelphi was one of the first higher education institutions to provide emergency management coursework. Shortly after the 9/11 terror attack in 2001, administrators decided to develop an introductory course in disaster preparedness for all incoming freshman.
In 2005 College of Nursing and Public Health faculty members, led by a disaster epidemiologist who was among the first responders at Ground Zero following the 9/11 attack, began to develop a full-scale emergency management program. Today this program comprises master’s, bachelor’s and associate degrees, as well as a graduate certificate.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 16, 2018