Research and Interpretation coexist here in an interdisciplinary space, taking up the reflection of the wise masters of the past who proposed the mutual dependence between the speculative and the interpretive branches.
- Modality: Online
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Start date: October 2020
- Until July 31
- Last places
- Up to 28% discount
Definition of the program
The Official Master's Degree is a totally unique postgraduate program in its field of knowledge in Spain, Latin America and Europe. The novel integration between interpretation and research is due to the application of blended learning, the combination of apparent or virtual presence (e-presence) and real or physical presence (face-to-face).
What makes this mastery unique?
- Blended format: combines e-face-to-face teaching with face-to-face (master classes, external internships and official Final Master's Recital).
- Integration in a single title of the knowledge areas of the Conservatory (musical interpretation) and the University (musical research).
- The Sakai Platform, through its Teaching Innovation awards, has awarded it the "Honorable Mention" in its 5th edition (Atlanta, 2012) placing it next to universities such as New York or Indiana.
- Two itineraries: musical research and musical interpretation (violin, viola, cello and piano).
- Pioneering official master's degree by integrating three teaching methodologies: e-classroom, blended learning and classroom.
- Advanced and multidisciplinary training, aimed at academic specialization and job placement.
"The University Master's Degree in Musical Interpretation and Research at VIU has meant the creation of an academic-virtual space in which performers, composers, pedagogues and musicologists develop their training process from a theoretical-practical interdisciplinary experience."
Dra. María Ordiñana Gil
Director of the University Master's Degree in Musical Interpretation and Research (Research Itinerary). National Award for Excellence by the Ministry of Education.
Francisco Escoda Patron
Director of the Master's Degree in Musical Interpretation and Research (Interpretation Itinerary)
Technical support at your disposal
We offer support for any computer incident or in the configuration of our systems. We help our students through specific training to learn how to use all the tools.
Live online classes from any device
Two-way videoconferencing allows the student and teacher to interact, breaking any barrier of presence. In addition, the classes are recorded and available to the student 365 days a year.
You will always have direct contact with your teachers. These will be at your disposal and you can arrange private tutorials by videoconference to answer your questions.
Academic guidance service
An academic advisor will accompany you throughout your training process with us. Their mission is to know you, guide you, motivate you and support you in all the processes and moments so that you achieve your goals.
The most common professional opportunities for graduates of this official Master's degree are:
- The official Master's degree offers the opportunity to become professionally involved in the official Master's degree itself: students will be able to contact highly renowned figures of musical Interpretation, specialties of violin, viola, cello and piano, who also attract other musicians professionals from other autonomous communities to participate in this Official Master's Degree, creating an interesting network of relationships in the professional circuit of their specialty.
- Taking into account the majority profile to which our offer is directed, such as the Higher Conservatory Graduates, our proposal provides Postgraduate training to these students who have been trained in an academic environment that has traditionally remained alien to their own research practice. to the university level. In its training curriculum a lack of knowledge of research methodologies is detected, which is corrected with the academic training of our degree in its research aspect.
The improvement for the exercise of teaching:
- Although this aspect is not among the primary objectives of this official Master's Degree, the experience that the implementation of the title has provided us has shown us the interest aroused among music teachers.
- To join the professional circuits of musical interpretation.
- Get started in the field of music research and access a doctoral program.
- Improve your training to become more competent as a music teacher.
Higher Degree in Music and people with a higher degree from the Bachelor of Music History and Sciences or the Diploma in Music Education or its equivalent degrees.
List of degrees, areas and / or professions from which you can access the program:
- Superior Title of Music.
- Degree in History and Music Sciences.
- Degree in Musicology.
- Diploma in music education and equivalent degrees
- Degree in Music
- Other degrees in the area of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, provided that training in musical knowledge is accredited.
The requirements of access and admission to the official Master's studies of the International Valencian University are established in accordance with article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/2007, which establishes the organization of official university education.
They will be able to access the official university studies or those belonging to the Master, who meet any of the following requirements:
- In order to access official master's degrees, it will be necessary to hold an official university degree in Spain or another one issued by a higher education institution of the European Higher Education Area, which authorizes the issuer of the degree to access Master's degrees.
- Also, graduates may access according to educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area without the need for homologation of their degrees, after verification by the University that they accredit a level of education equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degrees and that empower in the country issuing the diploma for access to postgraduate education. The access by this way will not imply, in any case, the homologation of the previous title that is in possession of the interested party, nor its recognition for other purposes than that of studying the Master's degree.
The title may have additional specific access requirements, which you can consult on the information page of each of them.
- 18% discount on teaching until July 31, 2020
Discount By Payment Method
- Additional 10% for cash payment
- Additional 5% for payment in two installments
Scholarships from the Ministry of Education
- General Call for Scholarships 2020-2021 academic year
About the School
La VIU es una universidad presencial tecnológica con una enseñanza online y audiovisual. A través de la pantalla del ordenador y desde cualquier parte del mundo, los/las estudiantes reciben clase en t ... Read More