Apply Now for Summer 2017
This Office Management Course will provide learners with a fantastic insight into learning key skills to work in an office as well as successfully manage an office. Covering aspects of effective communication skills, interacting with customers and clients, creating administrative strategies and more. Whether you are in a position already working in an office and want to progress into a management role, or are wanting to work in this field and need the confidence to start, or simply want to gain new skills, this course is perfect.
- Price: Only £19.00 Was £199.99
- Course Type: Online Course
- Duration: 60 hours, recommended hours
- Syllabus: 9-course modules
- Tutor Support: Full tutor support included
- Exams: Yes, exam fees are included.
- Start learning: you can start your online learning 24/7 and study towards your goals.
- Qualification: Level 3 CPD Award
- Certificate: PDF Certificate included with course, optional Hard Copies £9.99.
- Access: Unlimited 24/7 access for 12 months, option to extend if needed.
- Compatibility: Desktop, Mac, Laptop, Tablets, Smartphone and Smart Devices
With over 60 hours of learning split across 9 easily accessible modules, the course has been designed to provide learners with an enjoyable and informative learning experience. The Office Management Course is studied online, meaning you can study in your own time, at your own pace, on your own schedule. Study whenever it suits you best, day or night. You’ll have access to the course 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 12 months.
What’s more, the course is CPD accredited, therefore upon successful completion of the course learners will be awarded the certificate of completion, ensuring that the course will be recognised by employers and institutions.
The Office Management Course is split into the following modules:
The Office Manager
- The office manager
- The office manager’s responsibilities
- Essential office management skills
- Office manager academic qualifications
- Office manager salaries and work conditions
- Office management career prospects
Personality and Confidence Development
- Understanding personality and the factors that shape personality
- Personality development and its importance
- Essential office manager personality traits
- Projecting confidence
- How to handle the office manager’s job
Receiving and Interacting with Customers
- First impressions say everything about you
- Leadership as a creative, rather than reactive, thought
- A company’s first impressions
- Projecting professionalism
- What causes customers to leave?
- Professional customer service
- Do not say ‘I don’t know’ or ‘no’
Building Effective Communication Skills
- Effective communication
- Interpersonal communication
- Effective organisational communication
- Causes of ineffective interpersonal communication
- How to improve your communication skills
The Reception Area and Teamwork
- Things to consider in the reception zone
- Duties of the receptionist or front office personnel
- The receptionist’s skills and qualifications
- The receptionist’s career prospects
- Front office technology
- Reception as a changing profession
- A future without receptionists
- Executive reception work
- Working as a team
Designing and Implementing Administrative Systems in an Organisation
- Understanding Administrative Systems
- Administrative Management
- Administrative Systems of the past
- Developing administrative strategies
- Strategic business administration
- The process is important
- Developing and implementing records management policies
- Outsourcing a company’s administrative system
- The administration system as the pillar of an organisation
- Steps for implementing a newly developed system
- Implementing a new/improved administrative system
Expenditure Recording and Budget Management
- The benefits of recording expenses
- How to maintain expense records
- The two methods of keeping records
- Recording expenses
- Creating a budget for the business
- Defining a budget
- How and when to create a budget
- Budget tabulation
- How to use the budget
Maintaining an Organised Office and Supplies
- The layout of an office
- Office layout objectives
- Why the office layout is important
- Office layout principles
- Factors to consider when designing the layout of an office
- Advantages of a well-designed office layout
- Common office layouts
- Merits and demerits of private and open offices
- Who decides the office layout
- How to create a perfect layout
- Maintaining the office
- Why it is important to maintain the office and office equipment
Preparing, Managing and Controlling Meetings
- The four categories of meetings
- The importance of having a chairperson
- Preparing for the meeting
- The meeting
- Get feedback to know how the meeting went
- Hiring staff for a small-sized business
- How to choose interviewers
- An effective induction process
The Level 3 Award Office Management Course has been independently accredited and certified by The CPD Certification Service.
On successful completion of this course learners will be awarded:
- Level 3 CPD Award in Office Management
The certificate will show your grade classification awarded and provide proof of your achievements for you to take to any prospective employers or part of your portfolio of evidence.
The certificate will be produced in PDF format, optional hard copies of the certificate will be available for an additional fee of £9.99.
There are no entry requirements or pre-prerequisite for our Office Management course.
To assess the learners' ability and knowledge to effectively understand the topics contained within the Office Management Course, the course features a number of end of module interactive quiz questions.
Additionally, at the end of the course, learners will also take an online multiple choice assessment test. This online multiple choice test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
When you are studying a course it is always useful to know that you have the help and support of tutors that want you to succeed in your studies.
As part of the Office Management Course, you will receive access to our dedicated tutor support service. The academic tutors will be able to provide you with unlimited online email support to help answer any questions that you may have whilst you are studying the course.
This course is delivered online through eLearning. Learners of the course will receive instant access to our interactive student learning portal, which offers 24/7 access to the Office Management Course.
The online Office Management Course requires 60 hours to complete the course in full. This is only a guide to the learning hours required and it depends on how quickly an individual can absorb the information. The learning is online so it can be spread out over multiple sessions or done in one session.
Learners will have access to this course for up to 12 months from the date of joining. There is no time limit to complete the course during this period.