NONPROFIT ARTS MANAGEMENT
Explore the diverse landscape of the nonprofit industry to prepare for a variety of careers within this growing space. Although it important to understand public and private business practices while working in the nonprofit sector, it is also key to be skilled in the areas of fundraising, grant writing, board governance, volunteer management and regulatory impacts. As a passionate, service-oriented individual, you will develop the fundamentals necessary to be successful at any nonprofit organization.
- Develop key skills to take your career in nonprofit management to new heights.
- Collaborate with other creatives on strategic ways to fundraise in today’s economy.
- Learn the fundamentals of nonprofit management in arts and cultural organizations directly from experienced professionals working in the field.
This course is a part of the Nonprofit Arts Management Professional Certificate.
As nonprofit entities continue to grow, it is imperative that entrepreneurs develop the skills required to manage these complex organizations. Our flexible, online courses are 8-weeks long and asynchronous to accommodate your busy schedule.
What will you learn in Nonprofit Arts Management?
- Mission-driven organizations
- Mission statements
- Mission drift, values, and vision statement
- Assignment: researching a nonprofit organization
- Nonprofit formation
- Federal tax-exempt status
- Annual financing reporting
- Assignment: legal structure
- Organization for nonprofits
- Development and management
- Staff, Salary Limits, and market rate
- Assignment: board of directors research
- Contributed income
- The grant process & foundations
- Corporate grants
- Fundraising and revenue generation part I—individual income
- Admissions and ticket sales
- Memberships and sponsorships
- Assignment: form 990 and financial disclosures
- Strategic partnerships
- Ethical leadership
- Accountability, trust, bias, and compensation
- Conflict of interest & solicitation
- Trends and best practices
- Assignment: gates foundation case study
- Digital trends
- Live reporting, Snapchat, and online giving
- Internet of things & demographic shifts
- Platform examples and big data revolution
- Assignment: final project
- Non-Credit Tuition non-credit: $705.00
- Tuition credit (3 units): $897.00
- Registration and Technology Fee: $40.00 Mandatory
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 13, 2018