This program lays a strong foundation of theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of early childhood education, and equips students to become resourceful and reflective professionals, competent in the key areas of learning: professional studies, development and learning, and early years pedagogy.
- EC501 Becoming a Professional Early Childhood Teacher
- EC502 The Whole Child
- EC503 Early Years Pedagogy
- EC504 Culturally Responsive Early Childhood Education
- EC505 Sociocultural Assessment, Planning and Teaching
- EC506 Social Competence in Early Childhood
- EC511 Academic Reading and Writing in Early Childhood Education 1
- EC512 The Wellbeing of the Child 1
- Achieved overseas high school diploma
- Proof of English language competency to the equivalent level of IELTS 5.5 overall with 5.5 in writing and no band lower than 5.0 if English is not your first/primary language.
Students undertaking any undergraduate ECE qualifications are able to start on any Monday during the year, except when the Monday falls in the Christmas holiday break of the College. These students will be provided with program start and finish dates when their program start date has been determined. Program start dates can only be determined when the student has met the conditions of their enrolment.
Mode of learning
NZTC is committed to supporting all of our students through the use of appropriate and engaging technology enabled learning.
Our online mode of learning enables you to obtain an NZQA approved, high quality qualification without face-to-face attendance requirements. All study is conducted through NZTC’s unique online learning environment – NZTC Online.
All learning materials and academic resources are accessed online to allow you to balance your studies with work and family commitments.
Courses are completed and assessed online, and you are part of an online learning community where you can interact with other students and lecturers through online discussion forums to assist your learning.
Further study pathways
New Zealand Diploma in Early Childhood Education & Care – Level 6
Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education) - Level 7
$7,850 (NZD) (Fees applicable to international students studying online from outside of New Zealand)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 12, 2018