- Start: 10/21/2020 - End: 11/15/2020.
- 100% online training
- 80 hours of training
- Limited places
The neuroscience of learning is a field of knowledge that is born from the interaction between neurobiology, which provides knowledge about the functioning of the nervous system; psychology, which provides knowledge about behavior and mental processes; and education, which provides knowledge about the teaching-learning processes. The main objective of education is to modify or influence the behavior of children in development, favoring their well-being, development and adaptation to their environment. Thus, knowing the biological bases of mental processes offers practical tools to know how to design pedagogical methodologies that favor brain plasticity processes and respect the functioning of the brain.
How does the brain process information? How do you control emotions and feelings? How are executive functions developed? How do attentional processes work? How is memory consolidated? How does motivation affect learning? Are there neuroscale foods? Can spaces help to learn?
In this sense, the neuroscience of learning aims at a greater integration of the study of neurocognitive development in educational sciences, based on the idea that knowing how the brain learns and how it works can improve pedagogical practice and learning experiences.
In this way, the online course of specialization in Neuroscience and Learning aims to bring together recent studies in the field of cognitive neuroscience on how the human brain learns from the teaching practice of all educational stages.
This course aims to provide knowledge and practical guidance for professionals in the field of education, interested in improving their teaching can incorporate and apply the advances of the neurosciences on how it works and how our brain learns.
Why is it a training of interest to the teaching staff?
Neuroscience allows us to study the biological basis of behavior and cognition. This training offers a broad and detailed theoretical framework on the functioning of the brain that can justify and substantiate, from a scientific and rigorous point of view, pedagogical change and improvement. It is very important that the teaching staff can design the teaching-learning situations from a perspective based on the functioning of the brain.
Values of this training?
This training allows to discover how the brain works and learns, as well as to offer scientific evidences that support the pedagogical practices in the different levels. The main value is to be able to develop an education based on scientific evidence and increase the rigor and quality of the education system.
On the other hand, it is an invitation to reflection, growth and professional development.
Benefits for the classroom?
- Increase the inclusion of students in the classroom respecting the different levels and rhythms of learning.
- Promote the socio-emotional development of children.
- Favor a methodology based on scientific evidence.
- Increase levels of attention and the development of executive functions in the classroom.
- Promote an environment and learning spaces that favor cognitive processes.
- Promote the welfare and health of students.
- Increase the capacity of teachers to detect warning signs in the development of students.
The general objective of the specialization course is to know how it is, how it is structured, how it works and how the human brain learns, as well as all the factors that may be affecting this learning, so that teachers and teachers can take them into account to improve their pedagogical practice in the classroom and allow them to offer learning experiences that promote and respect the development of children and adolescents, and their brains, from an inclusive perspective.
- Know the basic neuroanatomical structure and the functioning of the human brain.
- Identify the main stages that take place in the development of the brain, its characteristics and its impact on the behavior of children, adolescents and adults.
- Recognize and explore the different processes of learning, memory and neural plasticity.
- Analyze the various neurocognitive factors that can affect the learning and memory processes, such as attention, perception, motivation, emotions, lateralization, language, executive functions and creativity.
- Learn the influence of food, rest, movement and learning spaces in cognitive processes and brain plasticity.
- Identify the theoretical foundations of cognitive neuroscience and educational practices based on evidence from an inclusive and competence perspective.
- Analyze new proposals of the neurosciences to incorporate them into the educational practice.
- Design evidence-based pedagogical practices, carry them out and evaluate their effectiveness and suitability
Program and Content
Module 1. Conceptual bases and foundations of educational neuroscience (25 hours).
Knowing the origin of cognitive neuroscience, the basic and functional neuroanatomical structure of the human brain and its phylogenetic and ontogenetic development is fundamental to begin the study of the brain and its relationship with education as the organ responsible for learning.
- Introduction to cognitive neuroscience and learning.
- Functional neuroanatomy of the central nervous system.
- Development of the central nervous system: Ontogeny and epigenetics.
Module 2. Neurobiology of behavior and cognition (25 hours)
This block focuses on identifying the neural substrate of the learning, memory and plasticity processes, and how they interact with the different cognitive factors that can affect learning, such as attention, perception, emotions, motivation, cerebral lateralization , language and executive functions. All of them, basic and fundamental elements to understand how the brain learns, how it processes the information of the environment and how it responds to it.
- Learning, memory and plasticity.
- Attention and perception.
- Emotions and motivational states.
- Lateralization and language.
- Executive functions and creativity.
Module 3. Pedagogical practices based on evidence (30 hours).
This block echoes all the studies that provide knowledge on several aspects that affect the functioning of the brain and the learning processes that depend on it. In this way, the application of all this knowledge must be able to facilitate the design of classroom practices that empower and respect the development of children and their brains.
- Body-mind relationship
- Attentional and motivational processes.
- Emotional and social brain.
- Organization of the space.
- Design of educational practices.
Modality and Structure
- The specialization course lasts and 80 hours certification.
- The modality of the course is 100% online.
Methodology of the course
- Reading, analysis and reflective discussion of documents.
- Viewing documents and reflective group discussion.
- Search for information, analysis and synthesis.
- Individual work and work in virtual spaces of learning groups.
- Viewing videos and case studies
- Debate through discussion forums.
Professionals in the educational field:
- Teachers and teachers of early childhood education
- Teachers and teachers of primary education
- Teachers and teachers of secondary education
- Specialized teachers
- Child education technicians
- Speech therapists, psychologists, pedagogues and educational psychologists
- Students of the Degrees of Infantile and Primary Education
- Students of the Degrees of Psychology, Pedagogy, Social Education and Speech Therapy.
Professionals in the social and health field:
- Social educators
- Social workers
- Occupational therapists
- Experts in special education and other specialists.
It may also be of interest to mothers and fathers with an interest in neuroscience.
Finally, other people interested in knowing the contributions of neuroscience to learning processes.
Certificate of Specialization in Educational Neuroscience issued by the International Montessori Institute .
In addition to the modalities of split payment and single payment, we have a personal counseling service in order to adapt to the economic needs of our students. Do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration: € 49
Registration: € 75 09/15/2020
Option A: 4 Installments € 116.25
Option B: 3 Installments € 152
Option C: 2 Installments € 223.50
Single payment: 5% discount € 517.75 09/15/2020.
About the School
Somos un centro de formación especializado en Educación Montessori con un objetivo claro: ofrecer una formación Montessori clásica y rigurosa basándonos en las fuentes originales de la Dra. Maria Mon ... Read More