Explore the latest strategies emerging from Educational Neuroscience for educators to consider.
What conditions optimise learning?
In this course, students are introduced to the latest strategies emerging from Educational Neuroscience for educators to consider. These provide valuable guidelines for neurologically friendly principles from the disciplines of Psychology, Education and Neuroscience (PEN) – emphasising contemporary Educational Neuroscience.
Many neuromyths abound and educators have often been at the forefront of promulgating them. This sample course exposes these misconceptions.
This course is part of our Study with Australia collection, with free upgrades and digital certificates supported by the Australian Trade and Investment Commission until 31st July, 2020. Explore more courses from leading Australian education providers.
What topics will you cover?
- Explore the concept of neuroplasticity.
- Reflect on the implications of neuroscience findings on lifelong learning.
- Investigate research-based teaching strategies.
- Reflect on some neuromyths widely accepted by the teaching community.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Explore the contemporary research of world-renowned authors in the Psychology Education Neuroscience (PEN) disciplines.
- Reflect on the impact that can be made to our neuroplastic brain with learning experiences.
- Demonstrate knowledge of neuromyths, neuroplasticity and brain-based learning.
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at teachers, educators, pre-service teachers and those with an interest in the new emerging field of educational neuroscience.
Who developed the course?
Central Queensland University
CQUniversity is Australia’s leading regional university.
Central Queensland University is offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- Tests to validate your learning
- A PDF certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.