Explore practical application of neuroscience research in education and leadership.
Why join the course?
With thousands of new research papers coming out each month on the brain, and growing collaboration between neuroscientists, educators and psychologists, it is an optimal time to be informed on the most up to date neurological approaches in educational theory and practice.
This course explores the practical application of neuroscience research (the study of the nervous system and brain) in education and leadership to create optimal learning environments, trusting team environments and a culture of feedback.
Neuroscience research related to leadership and education has exploded in the last fifteen years. Findings from contemporary research are examined in an easy to understand and meaningful way in this online short course to provide practical strategies for leaders and educators that can be used immediately.
This course is part of our Study with Australia collection, with free upgrades and digital certificates supported by the Australian Trade and Investment Commission until 31st July, 2020. Explore more courses from leading Australian education providers.
What topics will you cover?
- The relationship between neuroscience and education.
- What brain-based teaching looks like in the 21st Century.
- The relationship between neuroscience and leadership.
- Two of the nine neuroleadership principles: trust (the social contract) and feedback (we learn or we die).
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Explore conceptual approaches in educational neuroscience and neuroleadership.
- Reflect on optimal neural approaches that promote achievement and wellness.
- Demonstrate knowledge of neuroleadership and brain-based teaching principles.
Who is the course for?
Whether you are a leader in your organisation or you simply want to learn how to better lead your students to achieve their learning goals, studying Neuroleadership and Conceptual Approaches in Educational Neuroscience with CQUniversity will help you unlock your potential as a leader.
Who developed the course?
Central Queensland University
CQUniversity is Australia’s leading regional university.
Central Queensland University is offering everyone who joins this course a free digital upgrade so that you can experience the full benefits of studying online for free. This means that you get:
- Unlimited access to this course
- Includes any articles, videos, peer reviews and quizzes
- Tests to validate your learning
- A PDF certificate of Achievement to prove your success when you’re eligible
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.