Graphic design profession has evolved considerably. In a discipline related to printing, it includes exciting new possibilities of digital technologies.
You will study tools and trends in communication and digital creation, while gaining a solid foundation in traditional practice and graphic design concepts.
visual identity, packaging, logo, signage, signs, website, poster, publishing, press, as many visuals and brand identity signs, businesses and institutions that you create with a keen eye and a passion thanks to a method and technology that you have learned to master.
- Format: mix learning
- Workshops attendance-4
- Admission: pot, line maintenance and work record
- Tentative duration: 24 months
- Registration: at any time of the year
- Internship: mission company 3 to 6 months in France or abroad (not compulsory)
The training issue a Higher National Diploma (HND) in Graphic DesignBritish state diploma level III (Bac +2) and 120 ECTS credits*, With an academic and professional recognition internationally.
* European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System credits.
People with a keen interest in graphic design, photography, picture and wish to initiate a career in graphic design, improve, or update their skills in this area.
What you will learn
Through this online program, according to your specialized units, you will learn to:
- Designing clear and effective messages through innovative design concepts.
- Present your concepts to your clients professionally.
- Use methods and project design and principles of conduct in its entirety.
- Gain a comprehensive approach by working on real cases of corporate projects, from brief to final production
- Create complex and original compositions with layout techniques, illustrative, photographic.
- Master the main techniques and software tools allowing you to create your first application projects in publishing, corporate identity, advertising and digital.
- Guide your future professional practice by choosing specialization units.
- Design a comprehensive personal project in graphic design, you will present in a professional and international jury as a graduation project.
professional opportunities and opportunities
Areas of application : Graphic designer involved in the design of various communication tools that extend print (graphic identity of a company or product, packaging, posters, books, DVDs, sales literature, etc.) to digital media ( digital media for cultural products, skins and television and film credits, websites ...) through signage.
Or : Communication agencies and creation, animation and production studios, and digital communications services companies or local communities, publishers, press, or independent.
Features : Graphic designer, graphic designer, junior art director, graphic designer, photo-graphic designer, graphic designer, illustrator, communication assistant.
Further education towards a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in France or abroad, in graphic design or visual communication for example.
This HND Graphic Design program is spread over 16 teaching units. It was specifically designed to meet the needs of those who have limited time availability and lack of specific skills.
It is achievable over a period of 24 monthsAccording to the pace of work of each (can stretch up to 36 months). An average of 10-15 h working week is recommended (including staff and guided course work). In total, it represents about 960 hours of guided learning and 1,440 hours of personal work.
Details - Sessions 1-4
First year / 60 ECTS
Required units / 3 units - 22.5 ECTS
- 1 / Project Communication
- 2 / Concepts and Ideas
- 3 / Art History and Critical Studies
Units Specialty / 5 units to choose from - 37.5 ECTS
- 21 / Illustration and personal style
- 24 / Typography
- 29 / Visual identity and corporate design
- 30 / Visual Communication
- 84 / Computer Graphics and Applications
- 130 / Design and Technical
Details - Sessions 5-8
Second Year / 62.5 ECTS
Required units / Section 1/2 units - 17.5 ECTS
- 4 / Professional Practice
- 5 / Diploma Project
Required units / Section 2/5 units - 45 ECTS
- 15 / Stage
- 19 / Art Direction for Advertising
- 23 / Semiotics
- 26 / Typographical Concepts
- 32 / Packaging
- 111 / Computer graphics - creation and development
During your course
- 1 2 Workshops-face
- 1 2 Design Challenges (optional)
- 1 Masterclass Online
It is possible to add additional units and workshops optionally.
Included software and Turoriels
The program includes professional tutorials among the most efficient on the market.
According to specialized units, software used: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Xpress, Acrobat Reader Pro, WordPress, Premiere Pro, 3ds Max, After Effects (not exhaustive).
The software required for your program and specialization of units you choose are a student full version Cloud or download.
- Computer with 64-bit processor, 3 GHz or Mac with Boot Camp V2.0 or higher.
- Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS 10.7 or higher.
- Minimum RAM 4GB RAM (8GB recommended)
- Graphics card compatible with AutoCAD and 3D Studio Max ®
- Broadband internet access and webcam
- screen resolution of at least 1080 x 900 (1280 x 1024 recommended)
- Sound card, headphones and microphone
- Flatbed (scanner)
- Digital Camera (Smartphone or multimedia)
- Basic tools and accessories for drawing (details provided)
About the School
The Open Design School est née de la rencontre entre personnes passionnées d'éducation et professionnels du design engagés. Avec Icademie, groupe d'enseignement à distance qui a su développer un savoi ... Read More