Earn a MicroMasters® program credential from the #1 ranked School of Social Work to advance your career.
Want to make a difference? Reach out, raise hope, and change society?
This innovative MicroMasters program provides an advanced, professional sequence of courses in social work so you can gain the skills needed to empower individuals, families, communities, and organizations to meet needs and create positive changes.
You will gain a greater understanding of social work practice, an awareness of the history and impact of policy on the provision of key social services, and an appreciation for the research that supports effective practice.
Build on this valuable MicroMasters program experience and take advantage of a great opportunity to be accepted into the #1 ranked social work Master's degree program for a fraction of the cost.
- Participants can use this certificate to improve their career in related fields of practice (e.g., criminal justice, child welfare, aging services). This program could also meet an organization’s goals for continuing professional education for workers.
- Career Opportunities Include: Child Welfare Specialist, Foster Care/Adoption Worker, Psychiatric Social Worker, Community Organizer, Therapist, Probation Officer
- Manager/Program Coordinator, Medical Social Worker, Policy Analyst, Social Work Researcher, Geriatric Social Worker
What You'll Learn
- To apply key skills in working with individuals, families, communities, and organizations to promote positive changes and make a difference.
- To integrate social justice values into social change processes and actions.
- To understand the key knowledge bases and frameworks that social workers use to guide their work at the micro, mezzo and macro levels of practice.
- How social policies and research impact everyday practice with individuals, families, and communities experiencing challenges in their day to day lives.
What is a MicroMasters Program?
Developed to advance a career and born from Master's programs of leading universities, MicroMasters programs are a series of higher-level courses recognized by companies for real job relevancy and may accelerate a Master's degree.
MicroMasters Program Details
How To Earn The MicroMasters Credential
Complete and successfully earn a Verified Certificate in all six courses.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
Completion of this MicroMasters program will provide participants who apply and are accepted to the University of Michigan School of Social Work an opportunity to be considered for an accelerated pathway to complete the MSW program.
- Average Length: 5-8 weeks per course
- Effort: 8-10 hours per week, per course
- Number Of Courses: 6 Courses in Program
- Subject: Social Sciences, Health & Safety
- Institutions: The University of Michigan
- Institution Offering Credit: The University of Michigan
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Originally $1044 USD, now $939.60 USD for the entire program. You save $104.40 USD.
Program taught in: