Over the next decade, marketing jobs are projected to grow faster than the average for all occupations. In this era of digital disruption, companies are increasingly focused on digital marketing, creating a heightened demand for a specialized skill set. The Marketing in a Digital World MicroMasters program equips learners with the key concepts and practical skills to build a career in marketing in the digital age. Throughout the program, learners will engage in problem-solving and analytical thinking, gaining expertise in:
- Creating and sustaining a brand;
- Marketing through digital channels, such as social media;
- Consumption behavior across buying contexts;
- Marketing metrics;
- Digital brand engagement;
- Digital brand reputation management.
Participants in the Marketing in a Digital World MicroMasters program can build on this credential and take advantage of the entry pathway into the Master of Marketing degree program at Curtin University. Subject to meeting Curtin’s entry requirements, you will receive credit for 25% of the degree program.
- Average Length: 4-12 weeks per course
- Number Of Courses: 5 Courses in Program
- Subject: Communication, Business & Management
- Institution: Curtin University
- Institution Offering Credit: Curtin University
- Language: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Price (USD): Free to try or pursue the MicroMasters credential for $795
- Participants in this MicroMasters program are equipping themselves for a rapidly evolving field. There is sustained demand for marketing specialists as mid-career employees seek to enhance their competitiveness in the job market.
- According to a 2016 CMO Survey, digital marketing is the leading skills gap in organizational marketing capabilities.
- This program is designed to accelerate the careers of Marketers, Digital Marketers, and Communication Professionals.
- Specialised marketing skills are in demand among software publishers, and professionals in business support services such as Accountants, Web Designers, and IT professionals.
What You'll Learn
- To manage an online brand and to optimise paid, earned and owned digital media assets for maximum impact
- To develop hands-on skills in proactive and reactive corporate reputation management based on global public relations best practice
- To examine brand management decisions including the strategies and tactics to build and manage brand equity
- To understand and apply the fundamentals of consumer and buyer psychology essential to the development of effective marketing campaigns
- To apply marketing strategies of segmentation, targeting, positioning, and differentiation within an online context
How To Earn The MicroMasters Credential
Complete, pass and earn a Verified Certificate in all five courses to receive your MicroMasters credential.
Take Your Credential To The Next Level
Learners who successfully earn the MicroMasters credential are eligible to apply for admission to the Master of Marketing program at Curtin University. If a learner applies for admission to the Master of Marketing program at Curtin University and is accepted, the MicroMasters credential will count towards 25% of the coursework required for graduation in the Curtin program. The Master of Marketing is a 300 credit point qualification. If a learner applies for admission to the Master of Marketing program at Curtin University and is accepted, the MicroMasters credential will count towards 75 credits.
- Digital Branding and Engagement
- Reputation Management in a Digital World
- Buyer Behaviour and Analysis
- Strategic Brand Management
- Online Marketing Strategies
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 27, 2018